The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep getting code P0202.
*changed the plugs & wires (used champion)
*replaced the #2 fuel injector.
* replaced the wiring harness for fuel rail/ injectors.
Any ideas what else it might be? I'm starting to think it a lost cause. Vans gas mileage is horrendous because of this and is running rough.

·
5000 Club
5,667 Posts
Is the injector getting the command from the PCM? Can you feel it click? Check compression. It may have dropped a valve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the injector getting the command from the PCM? Can you feel it click? Check compression. It may have dropped a valve.
I don't think it's clicking.
Would getting a new PCM be my next step? Pretty sure I can order one online and have it programmed to my VIN.
YouTube videos show it's easy to change, as money is an issue. Thank you for your help.

·
5000 Club
5,667 Posts
First you need to verify the wires from the PCM to that injector are good using an ohmeter or noid light. The meter checks wire continuity and the noid light detects the pulse from the PCM. Both can be signed out on load from parts shops. If it comes to it yes, new PCM. Yes, order pre programmed to vin. SOme have lifetime warranty.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,159 Posts
Check for the melted injector wiring harness that happens to 2001-2004 vans. You may only have a single melted wire at this point, so would be best to catch it now and save the PCM. If allowed to run on a bad (melted, shorted) harness long enough, the PCM can be damaged.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Are you gone already?

My advice is to stop changing parts until you diagnosis the fault properly.
Before I ever bought a spark plug, a wire, a fuel injector, and/or an injector harness, I would start by moving parts from a known working position to the faulty cylinder. That is unless I found a part that was obviously damaged, then I'd need to understand why it became damaged.

The auto parts stores love customers like you. They give you a free scan and then 'help' you fix your own car...

Please don't pop in here, and then disappear after picking our brains for a minute or two. Please return and let us know how you end up fixing it, or, even if you give up and trade the van in on something else, like a Cayanne.
It is your feedback that helps us to help others.

Cheers!
Again, welcome to the forum. (if you are still here, that is)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum... Are you gone already?

My advice is to stop changing parts until you diagnosis the fault properly.
Before I ever bought a spark plug, a wire, a fuel injector, and/or an injector harness, I would start by moving parts from a known working position to the faulty cylinder. That is unless I found a part that was obviously damaged, then I'd need to understand why it became damaged.

The auto parts stores love customers like you. They give you a free scan and then 'help' you fix your own car...

Please don't pop in here, and then disappear after picking our brains for a minute or two. Please return and let us know how you end up fixing it, or, even if you give up and trade the van in on something else, like a Cayanne.
It is your feedback that helps us to help others.

Cheers!
Again, welcome to the forum. (if you are still here, that is)
I'm currently waiting for the USPS to decide to deliver the PCM I ordered.
(Oh btw the old wiring harness was very badly melted)
Only update is the speedometer and RPM gage just suddenly stopped working 2 days ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'd hang onto, or actually, I would probably reinstall the Chrysler factory fuel injector. That is, unless you purchased another Chrysler fuel injector (made by Dekka Siemans) I am not a big fan of the 'other than original' fuel injectors.

Where did you score a PCM and how much did it cost?

Did you take steps to protect your new fuel injector harness from the heat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd hang onto, or actually, I would probably reinstall the Chrysler factory fuel injector. That is, unless you purchased another Chrysler fuel injector (made by Dekka Siemans) I am not a big fan of the 'other than original' fuel injectors.

Where did you score a PCM and how much did it cost?

Did you take steps to protect your new fuel injector harness from the heat?
Ordered the PCM from carcomputerexchange.com
saw them recommed while reading other various treads on here.
The PCM was $350 + $20 shipping.
I wrapped the new wiring harness in heat resistant tape. Hopefully that will prevent melting for awhile.
USPS tracking says PCM should arrive 9/19

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys the new PCM arrived today.
As I had previously stated the only code I was getting was P0202, which obviously made it misfire. After installing the new PCM it started and idled smooth. Started down my driveway and the heat hand shot up & started dinging. I stopped immediately and turned it off. Checked the codes and got P0117 and P1192.
I'm thinking it's the PCM because the van was not actually running hot.
Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Amanda843
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing