The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Symptoms: P0700 & P0500 codes, limp mode, & no speedometer indication. Code manual says 'VSS malfunction'.

I have a 2000 T&C, 3.3L V6 OHV 12V FFV engine, 4-spd auto. I am trying to find a picture of the layoput of the sensors on the transmission, and part #'s for the sensors.

I know one of them has 3 wires & from what I can see looking down thru the engine compartment, it has a bolt to the left holding it, the connector & wires go to the right, and the sensor part goes into the transmission towards me (towards the front of the vehicle). Hard to see because I am using a light + mirror.

If the sensor I see is the VSS, it doesn't look like the ones I've seen online when I search per my vehicle.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its the output shaft speed sensor in the transmission. The rear sensor ( closest to the driver) screws into the case. Change it and he speedo should work again.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Do as stated above, and look at the old one and see what kind of debris is on it, if any. The magnet on the sensor can hold some good info if there are chunks of metal floating around the trans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that did the trick. I was looking at the wrong sensor. The sensor I was looking at was on the opposite side of the tranny, (towards the rear of the vehicle); don't know which one that is. Your 1st link (newprotest.org) helped a lot. Once I removed the air filter assembly, both sensors were clearly visible as per your pics. At that point it was easier to change than a low beam bulb on the van. $20 + tax, erase the codes, and I'm back on the road. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts