The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had a garage put a new trans in my 09 T&C 3.8 And now it wont shift out of what i believe is 2nd. Reverse and Drive seem find except when you go to take off i think it then jumps in 2nd because it feels like it jumps gears for a 2nd. So i thought ok whatever its a junk transmission after weeks of messing with this thing we decided to order another trans. Well we order another one and had some issues with the first garage and had another garage install the 2nd, I thought great this is the issue. NOPE, it will still not shift out of what i believe is 2nd gear, because you can run it up to about 35. If anyone knows anything please we are at a lose, we have tried so many multiple things and nothing seems to work. The only code that it seems to have in its entire system is the p0731 and thats pretty well the whole situation. So please help if you can!

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
So, it's in limp mode?

Lots of information about limp mode on line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to be in limp mode and i have done alot of research but i have yet to find nothing about trying to fix it. it seems to reset everytime you turn your switch off which is great and im sure it does because everytime you shift it back into drive it jumps to 2nd. But i can not figure out what is causing the limp mode

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Transmission input and output sensors been changed?
Speedometer work? It won't if the output speed sensor is inactive.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
1,040 Posts
Same symptoms our '09 GC had, replacing the tranny fluid and filter helped for a few days or so. Replaced the solenoid pack, problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts