The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 T&C 174k miles. in the last few months van started going into limp mode with code p0765 even after clearing it. Changed filter and about 3.6 quarts of transmission fluid which made things better for about a week amd then back to limp mode and p0765. It drives fine and shifts smooth but when coming to a complete stop, it has a delayed hard downshift which is followed by limp mode. Took out the solenoid block and all pins show correct resistance. Could solenoid pack be bad even though all pins test correct? Battery has good charge and is likely not the issue. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
1,041 Posts
Probably one of the shift solenoids going bad intermittently, as that's what happened in our '09 GC. Changing the fluid and filter helped a little, but it started happening again, so I changed the solenoid pack and it never did it again. I think our van had 160k miles on it at the time.

·
Registered
410 Posts
First thought is to be certain you refilled with licensed atf+4. Second is 3.6 quarts seems to be at least a quart shy for a refill after a pan drop. My experience is 4.5 to 5 qts.

It is possible the solenoids ohm out good but does not assure the solenoids are operating properly. If replacing the solenoid pack, I would suggest borg-warner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First thought is to be certain you refilled with licensed atf+4. Second is 3.6 quarts seems to be at least a quart shy for a refill after a pan drop. My experience is 4.5 to 5 qts.

It is possible the solenoids ohm out good but does not assure the solenoids are operating properly. If replacing the solenoid pack, I would suggest borg-warner.
After some thought, I now remember I did put in 4.3 quarts of new atf+4 fluid. Should I also clean out the valve body since I have it out already? I've read about the 3 little balls that could fall out and the struggles to find their proper place on the valve body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably one of the shift solenoids going bad intermittently, as that's what happened in our '09 GC. Changing the fluid and filter helped a little, but it started happening again, so I changed the solenoid pack and it never did it again. I think our van had 160k miles on it at the time.
That makes sense since p0765 is related to solenoid D and that's the only pin that ohms at 1.6, all others were at 1.8. I'll change the pack and see what happens. Worst case scenario I'll have to pull the transmission and do a YouTube rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts