The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have a 3.6 L 2013 Chrysler Town and Country.

It had an occassional hesitation that never tripped any codes. Recently however he engine idle got worse and he van shakes when accelerating. I ran low on fuel and it got way worse.

At first P0302 cylinder 2 misfire was the only code so I swapped out the coil pack and spark plug, but the symptoms only got worse. Now I have a whole slew of codes as per the thread title and I can hear a rhythmic knock or clink in the engine bay. Codes indicate cylinder 2 and 3 misfire, multiple cylinder misfire (obviously) and Bank 1 Air - Fuel Ratio Imbalance.

I have followed a few threads here but I have not been able to resolve the issue.

I did find a bunch of oil build up outside the PCV valve but after popping it off the valve was clean and working properly.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2014 Town & Country
87 Posts
I had a P0303 on my 2014 3.6L. It ended up being a rocker arm problem...which evolved into it eating into one of the lobes on the exhaust cam.

A rhythmic clicking sure sounds “no pun intended” like mine did.

It’s a known issue for the 3.6’s.

I diagnosed mine with a mechanic’s stethoscope. I could clearly hear a noisier, anomalous rhythmic ticking sound when I put the stethoscope near Cylinder #3 when compared to the other six cylinders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts