The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not a single set of Pacifica wheels on the T&C or DGC. Why is that?

Offset on those OEM Pacifica wheels is 51, while our MK5 are ET40 so they technically should tuck further into the wheel well about 10mm. THe 235mm tire should then stick out about 5mm on both sides of the rim so net is 5mm in.

is it a Caliper issue then? I would think the Pacifica has Carry Over brakes from the MK5 or at least the calipers look identical.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The calipers and rotors are the same, so the same offset restrictions should apply. Does inner clearance to the suspension change? I don't know.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
2004 to 2008 Pacificas? I tried a bare aluminum rim on the front of a 2009 van, and it does sit farther inward. With a fat tire on it, the tire would be dangerously close to the strut tube. Could do it with a small sandwich spacer up to 10mm to get some "breathing room" for the tire. No problem for the steel rims, as they are narrower and good for snow tires.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I don't think Pacifica SUV wheels fit a 5th gen bolt pattern.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
I don't think Pacifica SUV wheels fit a 5th gen bolt pattern.
They have the same 5 x 5" bolt pattern. I got a set of the steel 17" rims for a friend's 2009 GC SE for snow tires. I got a set of aluminum ones to fit over the Pacifica brakes that I was going to swap onto our old van that had 16" wheels and tiny brakes, but the brake swap never happened.

Reactions: J Wikoff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
More likely is because most OE Pacifica wheels aren't anything special and they're not readily available used.

Most people go for Jeep wheels, Durango wheels, or Journey wheels as I did because they have far better looking options and are far more readily available used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts