The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don’t think I’ve ever seen clearcoat this bad on this new of a car..

I want to say what the heck dodge?
Be happy it just has some clear coat fade after 17 years, which most likely never saw any paint care.

Honda owners are still having to deal with paint peeling on 5 year old vehicles....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
My neighbors bought a new black ~2000 Dodge Stratus R/T. It was less than 5 years old when the clear coat started getting chalky and was beginning to peel off the roof. Even the cheapo ~$80 a gallon Finish One(?) clear coat that my friend used on the paint jobs he did in his garage held up better than that.

Gotta love Chrysler "quality".:sneaky:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My neighbors bought a new black ~2000 Dodge Stratus R/T. It was less than 5 years old when the clear coat started getting chalky and was beginning to peel off the roof. Even the cheapo ~$80 a gallon Finish One(?) clear coat that my friend used on the paint jobs he did in his garage held up better than that.

It's everyone since around the early 2000s.
People just don't talk about the other brands because that would mean hating someone other than Chrysler ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Except for some scratches and dents, the black paint on my '08 Hyundai still looks pretty darn decent.

Sometimes, companies like Fiatsler have a bad reputation for a reason.;)
Usually because their owners are the types who think 15k mile oil changes are the extent of maintenance a vehicle needs....... God forbid they wash or wax it once a year.

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Usually because their owners are the types who think 15k mile oil changes are the extent of maintenance a vehicle needs....... God forbid they wash or wax it once a year.
I just got the van little bit ago.. yea I just surprise to see it - My main focus was known issues and mileage.. My other cars are much older and clear coat looks newer.. I guess I didn’t think about user error on paint.

I wash my cars weekly.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I just got the van little bit ago.. yea I just surprise to see it - My main focus was known issues and mileage.. My other cars are much older and clear coat looks newer.. I guess I didn’t think about user error on paint.

I wash my cars weekly.
Most people who own these vans never do anything to take care of them, they just drive them until they need so many repairs it's not worth it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

exactly - my 2002 town and country and caravan paint looks better then this

thank you didn’t realize dodge paint did this comparing it to my past experiences..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fixing clear coat is easy.. I didn’t know if dodge had a recall on it..

lol 2005 isn’t that old 17 years it does have very low mileage 140k so i know if i follow my pervious plan we will get 250-320k out of it.

I know their weaknesses..

Once FrankinForky rear exhaust manifold is done then we super clean and start the paint corrections.

Believe it or not clear coat is easy to fix which also means anti rust protection will need to be done as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts