The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2014 town and country touring van. My problem is the pass. side middle door. It seems like I have no power going to it because I have to manually open it and the window doesn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello, I have a 2014 town and country touring van. My problem is the pass. side middle door. It seems like I have no power going to it because I have to manually open it and the window doesn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated.
If BOTH the door and window power isn't working it could be just a missing ground.

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring w/133,000 in service 5/2022
50 Posts
It might also be a broken wire in the wire harness or loom that feeds the door. They are prone to break with the movement of the door.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Subscribed.

Same problem on driver's side for me. The power door stopped working, as well as the power window on the sliding door. The power window and door don't work from the control on the sliding door or from the driver's seat controls. But the power door lock does still work on the otherwise inoperative power door/window though. I assume it is likely a broken wire in the wiring harness underneath the door in the tank-tread looking black plastic cover, so I plan to start there. But not sure if fuses or bad relays are common problems on these as well, or some other likely cause. Will look for grounding issues as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, good news. After alot of head scratching, I have found the broken wire that wasn't allowing the pass. middle door and window to work. At the bottom of the door there's a plastic chain with wires going down the inside. That's where I located a broken wire. Added a little extra wire to it and reconnected it. All good again. Power door and window work again. Have not a clue why they ran the wires through the chain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts