The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I don't believe your posts will(or can easily) be deleted and I don't think they should be. You have provided useful information to the site and all that you have posted is still pertinent.
We have other members that have left to go onto other makes or body styles and they are either active and not posting or have been inactivated.
I am sorry to see you go. You were very helpful when I bought my Grand Marquis.

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Why would you want to delete your account when you helped so much?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of my posts contained my email address and other contact information which I don't want to be popping up during google search. I tried editing the posts to remove it but don't have the ability to do so hence I asked to remove everything.

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts
Some of my posts contained my email address and other contact information which I don't want to be popping up during google search. I tried editing the posts to remove it but don't have the ability to do so hence I asked to remove everything.
There are a number of controls on this site which prevent us moderators from deleting all posts for a user once they reach certain post count thresholds; thresholds you've long since exceeded. If you send me references to the posts you want edited, that I can do and will happily get it done for you.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,229 Posts
You can use google search to find all your posts with the email address you want deleted, by searching "site:chryslerminivan.net [email protected]" then you can make a list of all the posts that contain your info, and send it to a mod to get deleted. That should work, right?

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I am pretty sure that any of us will gladly remove that type of information for members. We may not get the post deleted altogether, but we can delete all that is posted within a given post with an edit.

·
Administrator
457 Posts
I am pretty sure that any of us will gladly remove that type of information for members. We may not get the post deleted altogether, but we can delete all that is posted within a given post with an edit.
This is correct, please provide the post/thread urls in which contains your information so we (chryslerminivan.net staff) can assist on editing out your personal information from the post/thread.

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts
Hi,

Please delete all my posts and my user account.

thanks
Your posts do not contain any sensitive information; why do you want them and your account deleted?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,538 Posts
Your posts do not contain any sensitive information; why do you want them and your account deleted?
This user only had one post before this one.

Maybe he opened a new account and he is referring to this:

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts
This user only had one post before this one.

Maybe he opened a new account and he is referring to this:
Unlikely, there is zero overlap between Police Interceptor's IP addresses and the two used by Zozz (that and Zozz is from Hungary).

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts
I don't understand why it's a problem if I want to delete my user account ...
Because we do not have that functionality; as far as I know, there are no vBulletin based forums which allow for an account deletion. The only real option we have available to us it to ban you as if you were some form of a spammer.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,538 Posts
Because we do not have that functionality; as far as I know, there are no vBulletin based forums which allow for an account deletion. The only real option we have available to us it to ban you as if you were some form of a spammer.
Yes, it is possible, but only a admin with back end credentials can do it.

No forum will delete an account, for liability purposes. The most they would do is hide it.

It is like deleting posts, a mod can "delete" a post, but it is not actually deleted, but hidden on a different folder.

Best option would be to delete (hide) his posts and close this thread. This way search engines will not show anything related to this user

Good luck

·
Latent car nut
8,823 Posts
Agreed, my comments were in relation to Moderators and not Admin staff. In the case of Zozz, I am very disinclined to delete his posts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts