The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is John. Thank you for having me.

Ok, here goes. I have a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring with the 3 8l with 116k miles on it. I’m from New Jersey. The other day going down the parkway doing around 70 I get a dinging noise and then it overheated. The plastic Y from the back of the thermostat housing snapped in half. Had to have it towed. Replaced the Y with a metal one and after that the car still overheated. Found exhaust gases in the radiator when I tested for a blown head gasket. Sure enough I had to replace them. After that, the engine ran fine but after a day the check engine light came on. I used my scanner and found code PO303. Misfire cylinder 3. After checking the fuel injector plug on that cylinder with a Noid tester, the PCM was sending signal and the noid lit up. So I replaced the injector and tested to make sure it was spraying. It didn’t. I plugged the old injector in and tested again and sure enough it was spraying/pulsing. Put it back together, cleared the code, fired it up and now I have two codes. PO203 and PO205, Injector circuit, Open-Cylinder 3 and 5. This thing has me going nuts. Noid test confirm that both are getting signal, but yet both are misfiring. Oh and I measured the resistance and all injectors are at 12.8.

Anyone have any suggestions or what other test I can do to get this working again. BTW, 180 to 190 PSI on compression. I just don’t get it. Im baffled and bummed about this. I want to get this fixed and back on the road, but don’t know what else to do. Am I missing something?
Thank you..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Other than the CEL, are there symptoms with engine running?
Yes there is. Running very rough and missing. It’s a shame, it’s in excellent shape other than the engine issue. I can’t afford to take it to a shop. I tested everything that I could, and it’s still missing. I tested every fuel injector today with a multimeter on ohms and they all tested 12.8. Then I tested the wiring with my Noid light kit again and all are flashing. So I’m totally stumped. I ended up putting it up for sale on the Facebook Market Place today. I’m frustrated and been working on it for four days. Had the upper intake off 6 times for testing. Just can’t figure it out no matter what I do

Codes are PO300, PO204, PO203, PO201 that makes no sense because all tests have past. It’s the engine from ****. If I had a used PCM I’d put it in to see if that’s the issue. I’m lost really

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
It will never work well again, it's suffering from abandonment. :)

The title of the Thread reminds me of a joke about a Pirate who went into a Bar with a ship's wheel strapped to his suspenders (or belt buckle). Look it up. :)

Human body Tool Font Office supplies Triangle
Helmet Font Art Automotive exterior Electric blue
Wheel Bicycle part Rim Font Auto part

Note: Belt buckle designed by LEVY. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts