The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 DGC Crew +
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thoughts on this. I am currently researching the feasibility of swapping in a newer Charger or RAM cluster into my '14 DGC Crew. Its probably a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone has thought about or tried this before?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
A lot of Chrysler components swap over from different vehicles lines, however the Charger will not work because the CAN system is a different speed to our vans. It has the low speed, both the van and the ram truck will have high speed.

The mileage will not swap over and neither will the engine hours, so be ready to pay someone to do that for you or make a document outlining you did that.

I believe the plugs and pins will have a different orientation from what I have seen in the pin out sheets. Mopar Connection Repair Kit but don't quote me.
You can try but I can for sure say the charger cluster will not work. The dash may also be different and possibly won't fit, but you won't fully know until you try.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
...and somehow getting Low-Speed CAN Bus cluster to work on a High Speed CAN Bus van. I think that'll be tougher if not unfeasible.
There are PAC type units which allow the radio to work in a different speed system, such as adding a low speed radio to a high speed and vice versa. However, being for the radio will probably mean it won't work for the cluster but again all this is just speculation.

Anything is possible to do, it's a matter of finding what will work and what you can use for your budget.

The ram pickup cluster will have a higher chance of working in your van since it's a high speed and our vans are also a high speed. While it may not be plug and play, it may work if you re-pin the connectors or make an adapter. Again, won't know until you try right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts