The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Power driver seat problems - doesn't recline or move backward

542 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  organizer
My 2011 Limited T&C power driver seat has issues - it doesn't recline or move backward.
Seat memory function seems to work fine. After pressing seat memory profile, it reclines or move backward to the seat memory.

Any advice to fix this? Thanks in advance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Since it's able to move back with the memory settings, it must be the switch itself. Should be an easy grab at a junkyard.
Since it's able to move back with the memory settings, it must be the switch itself. Should be an easy grab at a junkyard.
Sienile, thanks for the pointer. I found this YouTube video about replacing seat switch panel. I guess the switch you mentioned is the one that controls the movement of the car seat?

Do you happen to know the part number? Thanks again.
Don't know why the seat material matters, but it says it does. Just verify the correct number of pins between yours and the 2nd picture in both links.

For cloth seats

For leather seats
Don't know why the seat material matters, but it says it does. Just verify the correct number of pins between yours and the 2nd picture in both links.

For cloth seats

For leather seats
Thanks, Sienile. My van has leather seats and the one with leather seats is cheaper. I compare the one I have with the one for leather seats on the website. They look identical with the gray connector.

I order the part so let's see if it fixes the issue. Will update. Thanks again and happy holidays!
Update - after replacing the switch, the power seat seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for the help.
Reactions: 1
I had the same symptoms. It turned out that the problem was dirty contacts in the connector on the switch. I scraped them with a screwdriver, and that restored all functions on the power seat.
On the topic of the two different switches in Seinile’s post, the cloth seat switch has 10 pins while the leather seat switch has only 4 pins. Check the pictures in the Autozone links in Seinile’s post They are NOT interchangible!
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts