The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,My 2008 Grand Caravan CV (cargo van)it has a 110 volt outlet in the back but it is not functioning.I wonder being a CV it came without the power converter.does any know where the converter unit is located ,I will see if it is even there still on the car,I think that would be the first thing I would like to check. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,098 Posts
Is the switch just below the two front power outlets turned on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is I'm trying to locate the physical inverter unit in the car.I have in the mean time found out it is located above the left rear fender.I pulled the panels out and discovered the connector plug but the unit is MIA.I searched on Ebay and found several,I'll pick one up for $35.00 free shipping.
Thanks again for your help.Randy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome Randy. Glad you got your problem sorted. Im curious though, what year and type of van do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2008 3.3L Grand Caravan CV ,CV stands for cargo van,it came with no rear seats just a plywood floor covered with a rubber mat.It is a great van just not many bells and whistles.133.000 miles I 've owned it almost 3 years,just replaced timing belt as a precaution ,and replaced all brake pads, front rotors,and two calipers.No engine problems what soever,(be careful bragging is sometimes a sure the kiss of death for an engine).I've owned 3 other Grand caravans over the years ,91,94,95,and now the 2008. All great vehicles and so versatile.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
550 Posts
Welcome to the forum! When we first bought our van, we noticed that the power outlet in back didn't work either until we looked it up and found out about the power button that georgef mentioned. Strange that the outlet it there but not the inverter...

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Welcome! Sometimes the option is "provided for", but not supplied. Good that you found the location and a stand in replacement. Did your replacement inverter work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am wondering if I upgrade the inverter in my 2008 T and C so that I am able to use a microwave (700 watts). I think the current inverter is only 150 W capacity. Would any of you kind folks know about upgrading to say 1000 Watt Inverter?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
844 Posts
I am wondering if I upgrade the inverter in my 2008 T and C so that I am able to use a microwave (700 watts). I think the current inverter is only 150 W capacity. Would any of you kind folks know about upgrading to say 1000 Watt Inverter?
I'm always for these types of ideas, but this one may be a bit much.

The main issue I see is the wiring is not meant for such high power, the power wire and ground wire to the inverter are alright, but the power wire and return wire to the socket is.... Too thin in my opinion. This doesn't mean this isn't possible, try it but make sure the wires do not heat up!

The inverter has a power, ground, and a few other wires, which go to the switch and wherever else they go. I can get a pin out sheet tomorrow.

First photo is the connector for the factory inverter (which is not in the photo), second photo is the connector for the power outlet by the sliding door.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts