The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 town and country
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up this 07 t&c with a burned up transmission, put in a used unit and all is well except a couple small problems. The driver power door does not operate, the latch clicks when you press the overhead button but it does nothing else. I first replaced the wiring, which is the most common issue, no change. i swapped the motor and control box side to side and the passenger door continues to operate but the driver door still acts the same. What do I check next?

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
What is actually clicking, the latch or the lock actuator. Lock actuators tend to fail often.

Manual functions work ok?

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
Is the gas door broken? There is a latch at the rear of the driver side door jamb that will prevent the driver's sliding door from opening if the gas door is open. If THAT latch is stuck (like thinking the gas door is open), it will stop the door from opening.

Then again, you said the door opens fine manually so that must not be it.

·
Registered
2007 town and country
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are going to chalk this one up to never assume a junkyard part is good. I inspected the wiring loom again and both my original and the junkyard piece had broken ground wires. Repaired the broken wire and works like a charm. What was throwing me off was that the door lock operated but nothing else. In the hours of reading old threads I never came across the same symptom, but it also seems like most people have issues with the power wire breaking, and not the ground.
I have repaired it by running two wires through the flexible section, so if one breaks it will still operate, and by soldering and heat shrinking in the new section outside of the flex section to reduce the likelihood of the repair itself breaking, which seems to be a common problem. Thank you for your input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts