The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
511 Posts
How hard is it to install the switch?

I'm having fun with AppCar.
You will need to remove the plastic trim around the clock spring area, I know it's held in by at least 2 screws right by the steering wheel, possibly another 1 or 2 by the cluster side of the clock spring from the bottom side, or held in by clips, I really am not sure. This is also on the "to do" list for me, I know the wiring is already there so it really should be an easy job, but there's a lot of easy things on the "to do" list.

I will likely add the power pedals when I find and receive my EVIC cluster as I will have to replace the clock spring in order for the EVIC and audio switches on the steering wheel work. So, when it's off, I might as well right?

It's funny, when I first set my mind to adding anything to the van I just wanted the factory cluster with the tachometer, since my base cluster didn't have it. And now I find myself adding as many options as possible, this really wasn't what I had in mind originally! But now once again I am planning to swap out the cluster, it really should be the last time, I hope anyway.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Do you have threads on how you added heated seats and adjustable pedals? I'd be keen to read up on it. The rest I don't really need.
Added the memory seat. To do this I swaped adjustable pedal block against adjustable pedal block with memory motor. I must modify the wiring on the pedal switch. Therefore you will find pictures from switch an d pedal block in this thread

Dont have made pictures from heated front seats but heated steering wheel, Simple to add

If you want to add heated front seats you need the control unit, the heated seat module (HSM). This is located under the driver seat (you will find pictures from this module in the memory seat thread), two heater pads and a new wiring from driver seat of a Touring L. There are special connectors on the HSM module. The easiest and cheapest way is to buy a driver seat from a Touring L from salvaged car because HSM module, wiring and heater pads are expensive

121 - 126 of 126 Posts