The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 676 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The purpose of this Thread is to let others know of deals available for auto parts and tools.

For example, I see that Walmart locally has the following items on sale from Nov. 22 to 28/2013
- Valvoline Premium Conventional oil @ $15.88 for 5L. ($25.97 regular) (5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)
- Ultimate-X Flex blade with rigid frame windshield wipers @ $9.88 all sizes.

I bought 3 jugs of the Valvoline plus a set of wipers on the weekend. I will put the wipers on tomorrow and if they work okay, without interference, I will get another set. They are a regular type of wiper with a plastic top cover, making them look like a frame type wiper.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Now that the Christmas season is in full swing, I think you might find the oil for $12 once again. During the anniversary sale it was for $9.

I am never buying cheap wiper blades again, the last cheap set I bought at walmart for $12 lasted less than a year. The $15 wipers I bought at Canadian tire is doing fine on the van for over a year and a half.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted by Upgrayedd @ http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/54361-Cold-Weather-Oil-pouring-Conventiional-vs-Synthetic...?p=506681#post506681
AAP has Valvoline MaxLife with a Pure1 filter on sale this month.
Regular Valvoline Max life is a synthetic blend motor oil for high mileage vehicles i.e. it has additives that help rejuvenate rubber seals, provide additional wear protection etc. ..... so they say. I don't buy the hype but maybe it works, don't know.

Max Life name actually covers a variety of fluids: http://www.valvoline.com/products/brands/maxlife/

Product Information, including Pour Point: http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/maxlife.pdf

Pure 1 filter is a quality filter with very high efficiency. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Walmart Canada has roll back price on Valvoline Premium Conventional oil @ $14.88 for 5 liters. ($22.97 regular) (5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30) (Feb. 21 to 27/14)

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
You beat me to it Jeepman! I was about to go post that here....I am for sure going to go pick up 2 jugs of this marvelous oil.

Here's a pic of it in the flyer.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Awesome, thanks both of you. May have to pick up a couple jugs. Beats the Walmart USA price of $16.47, which actually translates into $18.33 CAD. What has happened to our dollar??? :Wow1:

$16.81 with tax in Canada

$19.34 with tax and conversion in USA

= no brainer

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Funny how i'm becoming more and more broke as the year goes along lol. Anyways I picked up two bottles of Valvoline Conventional 5W30. Figured it'd come back on sale by the time I go through these 2 bottles. I went to a new Walmart that opened up a month ago and they were sold out! Went to my local Walmart, and they had tons available.

But here is why so much was available.

I asked some of the workers why they didn't change the price yet, and they said that they were too lazy and that they haven't got around to it yet. I told them that this isn't a good way to market this product and won't be making the money that Walmart Canada would be expecting, you guys should change the price ASAP or before the sales start next time. The guy was like yea...lol I went and cashed out afterwards.

Here is what the grand total came up to with 13% HST. Add one dollar to the total for donations by the front door. (Sorry for the crappy pic)

Well worth my money...Now i'm set for the next two oil changes.

·
Registered
607 Posts
FYI - as of 2/26/2014, Advance Auto is selling Castrol ATF+4 on sale $4/qt. Previously the cheapest I could find it was O'Reilly Auto's store brand for $4.99 a quart.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Since I do the paper route, I get a sneak peak of the weekly sales (Did I mention I love reading papers and finding things on sale)

Anywho Canadian tire has the rust check on sale this week (Sales start Friday), so buy up!

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I just payed $25.27 for a 5 qt. bottle of Valvoline Synthetic at Wally World. Of course the van takes 6, so I had to grab an extra quart at around $6 too. It beats having the dealer go to Napa and paying $9/qt for it on the oil change.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Rust Check is on sale for both the red and green bottles. I picked up the 2 green bottles as well..

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the price info. Keep in mind that the red can is lighter and creeps better, the green can is for areas subject to wash (underside of vehicle), even then a spray with the red stuff first will be beneficial. Just ask the Rust Check applicators.

For example, red inside of door and body panels, green all over the steel coolant return pipe to the water pump.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Just got this Canadian tire paper in the mail for the BIG RED WEEKEND SPRING SALE from Thursday April 24th to Sunday April 27th with lots of discounts on items.

The one thing that caught my eye was the Mastercraft 100 piece screwdriver set, that is 80% off, regular price of $129.99 and now on sale for $25.99. Now that I have some cash i'll be definitely be buying it given it's not sold out. Not everyday one comes across a price like that.

Only on Sunday windshield fluid will be on sale for $0.99. I see a 10 speed blender for $18. My mom will for sure be buying that lol.

Just thought i'd pass it on to my Canadian Friends here, might score a good deal going there. Flyer should be coming in the mail today or maybe it's already in there

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Bosch Premium Oil Filters and their synthetic filters were on clearance at my "Canadian" Walmart. Not sure if this is at other locations but if intereted and happen to be going in to Walmart, you may want to drop by the auto section. I expect selection will vary but I got 2 3312 Premium filers for my Elantra at $3.00 each. I think the Bosch synthetic ones were $6.00. Looked like they were dumping Purolator Classics as well, but I already have a stash of FL-1As so I didn't bother with the Puros.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bosch filter is a Purolator filter in disguise. Walmart didn't stay away from Fram for long (six months:ask_wsign). I thought CTC had gotten sole distributorship of Fram in Canada and didn't carry the Fram Tough Guard series. The Tough Guard series is/has been available at Walmart though. :thumb:

Looks like you picked up some stocking stuffers for Christmas. :)

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Bosch filter is a Purolator filter in disguise. Walmart didn't stay away from Fram for long (six months:ask_wsign). I thought CTC had gotten sole distributorship of Fram in Canada and didn't carry the Fram Tough Guard series. The Tough Guard series is/has been available at Walmart though. :thumb:

Looks like you picked up some stocking stuffers for Christmas. :)
Would that be a Purolator One that the Bosch is disguised as? I ask as it has a silicone drainback valve and the Puro Classics I buy are nitrile, or black rubber, I guess.

Yes, I am building my supplies. I had to visit Walmart USA today too as last night I noticed that they had taken all SuperTech oils, and the ATF+4, god forbid, off their website. In mild panic mode, I dropped in there today. Maybe I was really hoping to see all their oil marked down to $5.00 a jug. Then, man, would I have had a stash. Still not sure why they have removed them from their website but all products are still on the shelves. Will have to monitor closely. At teh very least, I may have to clear them out of the transmission fluid. I'm hoping it's a website glitch or update or whatever.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would that be a Purolator One that the Bosch is disguised as? I ask as it has a silicone drainback valve and the Puro Classics I buy are nitrile, or black rubber, I guess.

Yes, I am building my supplies. I had to visit Walmart USA today too as last night I noticed that they had taken all SuperTech oils, and the ATF+4, god forbid, off their website. In mild panic mode, I dropped in there today. Maybe I was really hoping to see all their oil marked down to $5.00 a jug. Then, man, would I have had a stash. Still not sure why they have removed them from their website but all products are still on the shelves. Will have to monitor closely. At teh very least, I may have to clear them out of the transmission fluid. I'm hoping it's a website glitch or update or whatever.
Are the base plates identical? Look inside and see if the cores are the same as well as the bypass valve (cap end). Also compare the base plate and core with your FL-1A. My guess would be that it's a Pure 1 but without taking it apart, it's hard to say.

Maybe they are taking things off their site that they don't ship to customers, have to buy it in the store.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Jeepman, this is by far one of the most smartest and best threads you have created to let people know the prices for certain items in the area. Without this thread, many would lose a great deal for items.

1 - 20 of 676 Posts
About this Discussion
675 Replies
32 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing