The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

621 - 640 of 676 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
I think Canadian Tire will give you a price per job, for one. They use to. Just ask them. :(

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
I see Walmart has their Weathermaxx Arctic winter tire in this week's flyer with set prices for 13", 14", 15", 16" and 17 " diameters. The 225/65R17 version of that tire is a little different and has an SUV rating. The 235/75R15 has an SUV rating as well. I have those on my Jeep and they are doing well.

Looking at the Walmart web site, I see they carry the General Altimax Arctic winter tire. I have used that tire on my previous vans and found it great.

Just thought I would pass that along. It getting to be that time, not far hence.
Further to the above, I see that Walmart has reduced it Weathermaxx Arctic Winter Tire prices by about $7.00 to $9.00 with the following now applicable:
13" $35.97
14" $51.27
15" $67.47
16" $80.07
17" $88.17 (225/65R17 is a "SUV" tire, hence a little better load rating/construction)

Their Valvoline 5W-30 is on for $14.88 (5L) versus $27.97.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Further to the above, I see that Walmart has reduced it Weathermaxx Arctic Winter Tire prices by about $7.00 to $9.00 with the following now applicable:
13" $35.97
14" $51.27
15" $67.47
16" $80.07
17" $88.17 (225/65R17 is a "SUV" tire, hence a little better load rating/construction)

Their Valvoline 5W-30 is on for $14.88 (5L) versus $27.97.
Taking into account their "honesty" I would check the manufacturing date... if it is not 2018 I would not buy them!

The Valvoline oil price is just $1 over Walmart price when they have it on sale... I still have oil in stock until next fall :)

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
That was Walmart. All this time, I thought it was Canadian Tire that you didn't like. :)

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
That was Walmart. All this time, I thought it was Canadian Tire that you didn't like. :)
It is not about like but about trust! Don't trust any retailer until you check them thoroughly :) The prices are too good not to hide a catch... old tires is the first one that comes to mind... $80 for a 16" is super good! Maybe it does not include installation and balancing... that is when they rip you off... it might add another $30 or more per tire...

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
It is not about like but about trust! Don't trust any retailer until you check them thoroughly :) The prices are too good not to hide a catch... old tires is the first one that comes to mind... $80 for a 16" is super good! Maybe it does not include installation and balancing... that is when they rip you off... it might add another $30 or more per tire...
That's pretty typical of Walmart to put on a sale this time of year. I got those same tires (15"), after Boxing Day, a couple years back (January 2017), for the Jeep for about $68.00 a tire. They have been on the Jeep ever since.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
That's pretty typical of Walmart to put on a sale this time of year. I got those same tires (15"), after Boxing Day, a couple years back (January 2017), for the Jeep for about $68.00 a tire. They have been on the Jeep ever since.
When you have a chance please check the year, should be 2016 - I hope I am wrong :)

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
There is a problem with winter tires: most people drive less during the winter and as the years go by the adherence goes down regardless of the mileage... rubber is ageing... my winter tires have 40,000 Km after 10 years... they look like new and are more or less OK but they recommend to replace them after 6 years...

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
When you have a chance please check the year, should be 2016 - I hope I am wrong :)
The two that I could check, without crawling under the vehicle, showed 3116 and 3216 respectively. What does that mean? :)

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
Good work LEVY. Little Boxes on the Hillside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

Oh, you mean the drinks. :) Hard to beat Fluid Film flavored rum for sure. Sort of looks like a Shirley Temple combined with a Cosmopolitan. Likely better than Newfoundland Screech: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech

Newfoundland is known for some "not so common" practices like "Screech-In" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xxr46oLBFQ ), Mummering ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummering) and Jiggs Dinner ( https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/133958/newfoundland-jiggs-dinner/).

621 - 640 of 676 Posts
About this Discussion
675 Replies
32 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing