The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 t&c. No noticeable issues as of yesterday, however I am taking a trip so I had the oil and trans fluid changed and new spark plugs and wires. THAT'S ALL. I can not even drive the van now. It makes a bad shuttering and vibration when in park, when you change gears you can hear it and the shaking/skipping gets worse. Im at a loss for words to be honest. Any ideas?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they just do a pan drop and fill with filter change I hope and not a flush?Did they use the correct tranny fluid? ATF4? I have heard real horror stories here about power flushing trannys vs the recommended pan drop and fill with filter swap so I think it would be useful to tell others here what and where you had this done after checking your receipt as to what they did exactly. Have you rechecked the tranny for proper fluid level to eliminate the possibility of an underfill or overfill situation? It could be just a relearn process the tranny needs to go through or something more severe...but hopefully not.Others will chime in Im sure to help but the more info you provide the better...

·
Woody Status
512 Posts
Spark plug wires were probably put in the wrong spot, double check them.

Didn't see Joel's post above me.:nut:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It's hard to imagine even the worst shop driving a vehicle out of their bay that has swapped wires (but I guess anything's possible). You didn't say, but I'm expecting that it sounded and drove fine when you left the shop, correct? If so it makes sense that it ran fine for them as well. My guess would be something more like a hose or wire that was only partially reconnected and then came loose after a bit of driving.
But it really doesn't matter what any of us think, because you need to take it back to that same shop and give them the opportunity to fix whatever is wrong. You paid lots of good $$ to have the job done right, and any competent shop will stand behind their work and fix the problem, at no extra cost to you.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Did they just do a pan drop and fill with filter change I hope and not a flush?
Agree w/ Frank. Some facilities will recommend a trans flush vs. a drain & fill. If not done correctly the flush will "Flush" all the particles of metal & debris that is stuck to the magnet on the pan and in other little crevasses and blow all that junk through your transmission. I've seen so many customer complaints about tranny failures and they all say "I just had the transmission flushed "X" number of days ago!"

·
Registered
475 Posts
Spark plug wires were probably put in the wrong spot, double check them.

Didn't see Joel's post above me.:nut:
x3.

Either swapped wires or not properly seated on the spark plug...

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
Loose brake booster line???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I 4th the disconnected or swapped plug wires. Unlikely the brake booster vacuum hose. If you remove it, the engine sucks air, and the idle speeds up greatly, but it runs fine since the computer adds the correct fuel for that airflow. Try it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HELLO EVERYBODY! After MUCH stress and a lot of back and forth, the van was fixed. It was a plug wire that was put on backwards. YES. I was told it was a simple fix.......but apparently NOT since it took a few days to have them figure it out! Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
:thumb: glad you got it fixed

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
What is a backwards plug wire??

Does this mean it was on the wrong plug or that the wire ends were reversed?

This sounds suspect to me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts