The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched diligently, but cannot find an answer to my problem. I recently bought a very nice 2007 T&C, with 6-disc dvd player, and rear seat screen. Obviously, the original remote and headsets did not come with it, so I ordered a 50911246AA Audio Kit on eBay. I thought the listing specified that this was for my year and model (as well as others), with my particular entertainment system. My DVD Player does work, but I would really like to be able to listen to my music up front, while grandkids listen to their movies in back. Anyone know anything about whether I may have bought the wrong kit, or do I have to program it, or what?

·
Registered
110 Posts
In my 2004, they start the DVD, making sure the headphone shows on the radio and they hear it, then I select what I want to hear.
There is a headphone button on the remote.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but there is no headphone showing on the radio.......and the DVD's start playing as soon as you insert one. I know there's a button on the remote, but none of the buttons do anything. The seller of the remote and headsets now says I have to take it to a dealer to get these programmed (but, of course, his listing never mentioned that).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find out how to edit my post, and I just now realized that I did not make it at all clear what my problem is. The new remote/headsets that I just bought do not seem to be either recognized by my system or need to be programmed, or something. None of the buttons on the remote have any result in the playing of a dvd. The headsets power on, but no sound comes to them from the player. The dvd's do play, on screen, and there is audio going through the speakers. But, I have no control over play or headsets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, I can't find a way to edit my posts, so I apologize if this is getting redundant. Another way to ask my question might be to try this: Does anyone know what model/kit number I should seek to replace the missing remote and headphones for the rear seat entertainment system in a 2007 6disc dvd system? Anyone?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Above the DVD screen there is a black panel where the infrared signals for the headphones are transmitted. If you look at that through a digital camera or cell phone camera while a movie is playing, you should see red lights on the screen of the camera. If not, then the headphones are not enabled and it is not sending the signals for them to pick up. Do any of the buttons on the remote do anything? The remotes and headphones that came with your 2007 would be similar to the ones you have, but would say VES on them instead of Uconnect. I suspect your headphones might work fine with the system if they were able to get a signal. The problem may just be that you don't have the correct remote to enable them or operate the system. There really is no way to program the remote or headphones that I'm aware of. They should work right out of the box. Maybe try buying just a VES remote, and seeing if the headphone button will get the headphones you have to work. If not, you will probably need to get the VES headphones also. Hopefully someone can get you the part numbers for these as I don't know what they are.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Again, I can't find a way to edit my posts...
There is a time limit for editing post, I believe it is fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for taking the time to answer my inquiry. I understand that the remote I bought should have been VES, rather than UConnect, so I will try to exchange that. I also understand that the UConnect headphones should work with this system, as long as I can get a remote that will activate the headphones for the system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that info. I now saw the edit button on my last post, likely because it is new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts