The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought the van about 6 months ago (& love it), but last week I did the first oil & filter change on it. Following that, I had to run a short (3 mile) errand and on the way there, the van's RPM's started surging up and down while driving. At the stop lights, I really had to keep my foot on the brake to keep it from surging forward. It did this all the way to where I was headed. I parked it for a few minutes, then came back out and started it up. Same as before for a couple of blocks, then all of a sudden it quit surging and ran as smooth as ever. This has not happened since, and there was not any kind of warning light when it occurred. Does anyone have any idea what would have caused this?? I thought maybe I had accidentally disconnected a vacuum hose or something, but of course that would not have corrected itself :) Any info appreciated! Thanks....

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,297 Posts
Sounds like a glitching throttle system. A sticking open throttle body might need cleaning. Pretty much anything else wrong with that system should set a code.

·
Super Moderator
30,138 Posts
Maybe you got this van. :(

From carcomplaints.com

Seems to be several problems with cylinder #2, but not related to your problem. There are a couple of speed control problems though. Checking other years, the unintended acceleration shows up as well. No codes?

You have "drive by wire" throttle control. Any floormats?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery by any chance for the oil change? Did you remove the air intake to get to the oil filter.
If yes, I would look for a not fully engaged intake or loose battery cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts