The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the R03 recall done on my 2008 Town and Country and one week after I had the recall work done, it died while driving it, engine cut off, lost power steering and power brakes. I was surprised because I thought this is what the R03 was supposed to fix. Is anyone else noticing the problem after the recall work is already done? If yes how did ultimately fix the problem?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just had the R03 recall done on my 2008 Town and Country and one week after I had the recall work done, it died while driving it, engine cut off, lost power steering and power brakes. I was surprised because I thought this is what the R03 was supposed to fix. Is anyone else noticing the problem after the recall work is already done? If yes how did ultimately fix the problem?
I'm sorry to hear about this! Please PM me your VIN, contact information, and the name of the dealership that performed the recall for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Were you having the stalling problem before they did the recall?

·
Registered
450 Posts
What engine does your '08 T&C have? Our '08 T&C 3.3L had stalling issues, always at low engine rpm's. Replaced the WIN, still stalled. Until one day, it stalled and set a CEL code which indicated an EGR malfunction. Almost had to have the van towed, it started to stall all the time at low rpm's so I had to drive the van with raised rpm's even at a stop sign. It wasn't easy.

Replaced the EGR, the van hasn't stalled since, not once.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it was not very frequent, but yes I was having the stall issues before and now after the R03 recall. They usually happen while driving and all of sudden engine dies, lose power steering and power brakes. My wife is scared to drive the van, so I drive the van for now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have 2008 Town and Country Limited with a 4.0L engine. The last time it stalled we were driving 40 mph and out of the blue engine died, lost power steering and power brakes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We have 2008 Town and Country Limited with a 4.0L engine. The last time it stalled we were driving 40 mph and out of the blue engine died, lost power steering and power brakes.
I also have the 4.0, and had the same symptoms. Take it back to the dealer, mine didn't even question that it could be a faulty WIN module. He said they have had a few of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I took it back to the dealer and they said they scanned the vehicle for stored codes but did not find any. They also took it for a test drive it could not replicate the issue, which does not surprise me since it has only happen a few times in the last 4 weeks. They told me to note down everything that happens before and after the next time this happens and hopefully that I can provide them more direction on how to find the source of the issue. This may be a long journey if the only way the dealer can identify the issue is if they can replicate it when I take it in to the dealership for the service.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well I took it back to the dealer and they said they scanned the vehicle for stored codes but did not find any. They also took it for a test drive it could not replicate the issue, which does not surprise me since it has only happen a few times in the last 4 weeks. They told me to note down everything that happens before and after the next time this happens and hopefully that I can provide them more direction on how to find the source of the issue. This may be a long journey if the only way the dealer can identify the issue is if they can replicate it when I take it in to the dealership for the service.

The other thing that happened with mine was it stopped reading the tire pressure sensors, and since it's the same module they figured it out that was. I would keep fighting it and/or call Chrysler as this is a dangerous situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RO3 recall didn't work

:( I have the same problem with the RO3 recall not working- my van intermittently won't start at all. I never know where I'm going to get stuck. I hate not being able to depend on my vehicle - it wouldn't work again today. The last dealer I took it to couldn't figure out what to do because they couldn't replicate the problem. SMH Dodge.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Well, I put mine off long enough. Got my 2009 Grand DC WIN module replaced today.
Van has over 75,000 miles now. So far, so good. Key is a little stiffer now, but at least the van starts and runs :)
Didn't take them long to replace it either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my long painful journey of trying to fix the issue with our van randomly stalling has come to and end! It was the EGR Valve! I first replaced it with a Dorman EGR Valve which worked great and prevented the stalling but kept throwing a P0405 error. I then replaced the Dorman EGR Valve with a Duralast EGR Valve and that did the trick. The Duralast EGR Valve worked great and threw no errors. For other folks having random stalling issues with your van, don't waste your time at the dealership because never replicated it in the hour or two that they look at your van and just ends up costing you a few hundred dollars each time. The Duralast EGR valve was $135 and took me about an hour to switch out. I am not mechanical so I am sure if you are mechanical you could change it out in 30 minutes or less. Thanks to these forums I was able to figure out the problem when my Chrysler dealership had no clue and charge a few hundred bucks each time they had no clue.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well my long painful journey of trying to fix the issue with our van randomly stalling has come to and end! It was the EGR Valve! I first replaced it with a Dorman EGR Valve which worked great and prevented the stalling but kept throwing a P0405 error. I then replaced the Dorman EGR Valve with a Duralast EGR Valve and that did the trick. The Duralast EGR Valve worked great and threw no errors. For other folks having random stalling issues with your van, don't waste your time at the dealership because never replicated it in the hour or two that they look at your van and just ends up costing you a few hundred dollars each time. The Duralast EGR valve was $135 and took me about an hour to switch out. I am not mechanical so I am sure if you are mechanical you could change it out in 30 minutes or less. Thanks to these forums I was able to figure out the problem when my Chrysler dealership had no clue and charge a few hundred bucks each time they had no clue.
What year is your van? Thanks for the update.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts