The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 T&C with the radio/dvd player option. There are Aux jacks on the front next to the DVD player slot that look like standard RCA type connectors. I hooked up my MP3 player with a standard headphone "out" to RCA jack "in" cable but I can't get the radio to recognize that anything is plugged in to the Aux jacks. (New cable and it works in the other car)
I tried pushing the "Mode" button on the radio several times hoping that if there was an input signal it would recognize something was hooked up but to no avail. The only message that I get is "No Disk".
Everything else seems to work fine, AM/FM, Tape, CD, DVD player...just not the Aux input.
The owners manual mentions the Aux input, but no info about how to use it.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The volume of the input device must be turned up very loud for system to detect it while you cycle through with the "mode" button. Once it does, the display will change to AUX.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We purchased a few of the hand held games that plug into this Aux jack for the kids. I do remember that it took a bit of pushing buttons before we could get it to work. Seems like we also had to push some buttons on the remote control. When all was done, the kids were playing the game with their headsets on, and wife and I were listening to our music in the front seats thinking Chrysler has really made a great van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it, volume on the MP3 player had to be turned all the way up before Aux recognized anything was plugged in. Now that I've played some music through it I have noticed that if there is a long pause between songs, or the song starts very quietly it won't recognize the input until the song gets louder. It particularly does not "hear" soft violin music so you might miss the first few bars of a symphony.
Thanks for the help Pappy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts