The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T&C 2008 radio reboots every 3-4 minutes while driving (or running in park), it goes black and the Chrysler logo comes up and it restarts. It returns to the previously stored station, not the one I was just listening to. Sometimes the radio buttons freeze; i.e. the music is on, but you can't adjust anything or even turn it off. If you turn the van off, the deck stays on (normal), when you open the door (its supposed to turn off) the music quits but the screen stays on for some time.

I turned it off yesterday and it even "rebooted" from an off position... from an off position, I saw the Chrysler logo come up, then it turned off (which is the last state it was in). It's as though the issue is external to the entertainment system.

Also the backup camera doesn't show on the screen when I backup, this happens less often that the rebooting. Many of these symptoms are inconsistent, except for the rebooting which is pretty solid.

Possibly related, I have an issue with getting the settings to store for each driver. When driver 1 puts a key in, it should return to their previously stored settings. It returns to an old setting, it won't store anything new, even though it says it does when you go through the "save" process.

Does anyone have any good ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
6,229 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it needs an OS update perhaps.

Your dealership might be able to do it for you, but it might cost something.

There used to be a good website where you could download the OS updates, but it seems to be gone now.

Otherwise, you could try and get another radio?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Before resorting to spending money, try the "unplug it and plug it back in" routine. In the case of your van, that means disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes, then put it back together and see if the behavior is resolved.

These vans are computers on wheels - treat them as such.

·
Super Moderator
6,229 Posts
Before resorting to spending money, try the "unplug it and plug it back in" routine. In the case of your van, that means disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes, then put it back together and see if the behavior is resolved.

These vans are computers on wheels - treat them as such.
Good idea, might be a loose connection somewhere

1 - 6 of 6 Posts