The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan.

I just replaced my TIPM with a Maks rebuilt unit. I didnt even get to the soft rest portion of the fix. I was presented with a screen on the radio asking for a security code. I tried several generic codes (1234, 0000 and 9999) without success. I now have a message on the screen saying that I have to wait 30 minutes to try again. Problem is...not sure what I need to do to get that screen back that I can enter a code in. I did a hard reset yesterday (tied the battery cables together with a zip tie) but that still did nothing to clear the message. Not sure where to go from here, and I cant really find any info on this specific problem.

How shall I proceed without taking this in to the dealer, if at all possible?

·
Super Moderator
6,576 Posts
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan.

I just replaced my TIPM with a Maks rebuilt unit. I didnt even get to the soft rest portion of the fix. I was presented with a screen on the radio asking for a security code. I tried several generic codes (1234, 0000 and 9999) without success. I now have a message on the screen saying that I have to wait 30 minutes to try again. Problem is...not sure what I need to do to get that screen back that I can enter a code in. I did a hard reset yesterday (tied the battery cables together with a zip tie) but that still did nothing to clear the message. Not sure where to go from here, and I cant really find any info on this specific problem.

How shall I proceed without taking this in to the dealer, if at all possible?
You need the radio PIN.

As far as I know only a dealer can give you that info, but I could be wrong. They will need your VIN.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Welcome to the site Texmedic49.
The radio that came with the van has the ability to read the vehicle info off the bus and reset itself.
Where you run into trouble is if the the radio has been replaced in the past. (which is what I'm guessing has happened)
When the radio is replaced, a code is suppose to be supplied to the owner for just an occasion like this. The dealer replaced my radio the first year and made a note of the radio code in my owners manual. (Factory radio don't require codes)

As for the dealer supplying you a code now, they will likely need the van to access the radio data with a scan tool.
Or you can pay a site to get the code for you, like this:
https://www.radio-code.com/Dodge_chrysler-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

All of this is done so radios are unusable if stolen.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site Texmedic49.
The radio that came with the van has the ability to read the vehicle info off the bus and reset itself.
Where you run into trouble is if the the radio has been replaced in the past. (which is what I'm guessing has happened)
When the radio is replaced, a code is suppose to be supplied to the owner for just an occasion like this. The dealer replaced my radio the first year and made a note of the radio code in my owners manual. (Factory radio don't require codes)

As for the dealer supplying you a code now, they will likely need the van to access the radio data with a scan tool.
Or you can pay a site to get the code for you, like this:
https://www.radio-code.com/Dodge_chrysler-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

All of this is done so radios are unusable if stolen.
Thanks for the reply. I figured I'd have to remove the radio and all of that. What I'm curious about is...I have done a hard reset on the system AFTER getting an error message. In other words...the radio is stuck on that error, and I'm not sure which condition the vehicle needs to be in for it to reset itself to a screen that will allow me to enter the PIN. I'm pretty sure I found the PIN on the back of the radio when I pulled it out. I just need to reset it to the default screen asking for the code.

Which position does the key need to be in for 30 minutes to reset the radio? Does something else besides that need to happen?

Sorry to be so specific, but that's the info I'm after, and my original post perhaps was not clear enough. I'm grateful for the resource though, if I cant get a dealership to give me the z
PIN number, I'm going with that service. I just need an opportunity to enter the code at this point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2017 dodge caravan I bought a radio off line went sent they only give “565” as a security code which doesn’t work info on the radio is View attachment 62886 and I do not have the vinfrom the donor van
I do believe that you could take it to a dealer to get it or use Appcar DiagFCA or AlfaOBD to pull it.
might be other systems that can do it also I am not sure about that though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Please check out this website

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,972 Posts
You can call Dodge or Chrysler to get the code for free, but you must have 2 pieces of information that they must receive to look the code up. You must have:

1) The VIN of the original vehicle the radio was installed in,

2) the Radio part number on the radio itself.

You can likely get the pin online after paying a service fee to get the code using just the part number on the radio itself. I used a site from the UK and I got a code for a VW jetta for 10$. Look for the cheapest you can find, some ask up to 80$ for a single radio code which is not worth it considering you can find a way better deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
une auto qui a appartenu à une autre personne sans livre d'instruction sur ma Dodge Caravan 2012 suite à une réparation de la transmission j'ai perdu le code de sécurité de la radio sinius que fait'il faire pour récupérer ce dit code Merci

1 - 9 of 9 Posts