The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I searched the forums - no success. I post it as it is a kind of funny one.
It's Christmas time and we had a couple of cookies in our 1998 Plymouth Grant Voyager, V6 3.3 for our kids. Well, apparently one door was left open in the garage three nights ago and as it seems now a rat got into the car.

Yesterday I noticed the following symptoms:

Ignition is off: I switch on the park or headlights and the right (yes, only right) turn signal is on permanently (rear and front). Also the right turn signal in the instrument panel is permanently on.
If I then turn on the turn signal (then engine is running) all is working fine, except if I use the right turn signal is going double fast. After 5 minutes of driving I get a permanent alarm which does not stop until I turn off the headlights.

Today I opened the the cover of the fusebox and I had to laugh- about 6 big cookies and several toys have been behind and laying around the fuses and relays.

Still it's a serious concern - but I luckily could not find any damaged cables. I removed the lower steering column cover and the knee blocker reinforcement. More cookies and also lot of rat excrement.

I looked at the wiring diagrams from the Haynes repair manual but did not get a good clue what is going on here and what cable to look for.

Also I am not sure if the rat is still in the car. The car is clean now, except one cookie. Let's see if this is touched tomorrow.

Any hints appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Maybe put a few sticky traps or regular mouse traps with those cookie bits as the bait in the van to catch it.

For some reason mice like to live in steering columns and gnaw on wires. If you still have the problem, that's the first place to keep looking.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Had a mouse in my old buick back when. Tried glue traps but mouse was gone by then. Glue traps thus sat on shelf in storage room. Wren got stuck on glue trap. Removed wren from glue trap, wren got loose in house. Chased wren around house for 45 minutes. Got blanket, caught wren, released wren outside. Threw glue traps away. :)

- G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts