The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chrysler Town & Country LX - 3.3L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.3L with 83k miles. I have this very annoying rattle noise coming from the rear of my town and country. It does not affect the drivability of it, actually the car drives very well. It has had all shocks, struts, and springs replaced back in December of 2019 (about 2 years ago). It’s just this annoying rattle noise. I heard that it could be the anti-rattle clips on the brake pads and goes away when I press the brake pedal but it does not go away when I do that. This doesn’t happen on smooth roads just over slight imperfections or bumps. If you’ve had this problem and figured it out please let me know as it is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
Every rear end rattle I've ever had was shocks. Monroe Sensatracs knocked that out and I've been rattle free for over 6 years.

Reactions: 97K15004WD

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L
193 Posts
Check to see if the coil springs are intact and if the insulators on the top and bottom of the coil spring are not torn or damaged.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had the same problem, mine turned out to be the e-brake line bracket. Find out which side noise is coming from, jack er up, take the wheel off and feel around for anything loose.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I vote shocks. My experience has been that replacing them cures it for awhile, but 15-20 thousand miles later it's back.

·
Registered
2009 Chrysler Town & Country LX - 3.3L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions. I tested positive for Covid so I’m pretty tired and not able to do much. However, I was getting gas and just out of curiosity I hit the rear tire and it made that noise, so I went to the other tire, and it did it too. With this update, does anyone know what it could be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I just purchased a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.3L with 83k miles. I have this very annoying rattle noise coming from the rear of my town and country. It does not affect the drivability of it, actually the car drives very well. It has had all shocks, struts, and springs replaced back in December of 2019 (about 2 years ago). It’s just this annoying rattle noise. I heard that it could be the anti-rattle clips on the brake pads and goes away when I press the brake pedal but it does not go away when I do that. This doesn’t happen on smooth roads just over slight imperfections or bumps. If you’ve had this problem and figured it out please let me know as it is driving me nuts.
I had the rattle for more than a year It was a heat shield causing that

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L
193 Posts
Check to make sure your lug nuts are properly torqued. Also check the wheel bearings for play or sounds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check the gap between the tail lights and the tail gate, they seem to be too close and sometimes the gate can squeak or chirp creating popcorn sound inside the cabin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts