The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Rattle Coming from Rear - 2009 Chrysler T&C

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mhgiglia 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just purchased a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.3L with 83k miles. I have this very annoying rattle noise coming from the rear of my town and country. It does not affect the drivability of it, actually the car drives very well. It has had all shocks, struts, and springs replaced back in December of 2019 (about 2 years ago). It’s just this annoying rattle noise. I heard that it could be the anti-rattle clips on the brake pads and goes away when I press the brake pedal but it does not go away when I do that. This doesn’t happen on smooth roads just over slight imperfections or bumps. If you’ve had this problem and figured it out please let me know as it is driving me nuts.

Update:
Hello, I have a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country that has a rattle coming from the rear. There is no problem with the way it drives or ride just an annoying metal to metal rattling. I have looked in the cargo space under the floor inside, nothing is in there rolling around. I looked at the suspension, nothing. But one day, just out of curiosity I hit or beat the rear tire, and it made that dang noise. I went to the other side, it did the same dang thing. If you know what this could be, please let me know. It had all the shocks, struts and springs all the way around replaced a couple years ago. I only really hear it driving over gravel, bumps or imperfections in the road. I don’t hear it at highway speeds. The van only has 84k miles so I wish I could figure it out so it would be a perfect van. Other than that it’s a great van! I hope I can figure it out because it is super annoying unless you turn the radio up loud lol…thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Every rear end rattle I've ever had was shocks. Monroe Sensatracs knocked that out and I've been rattle free for over 6 years.

Reactions: 97K15004WD
#7 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions. I tested positive for Covid so I’m pretty tired and not able to do much. However, I was getting gas and just out of curiosity I hit the rear tire and it made that noise, so I went to the other tire, and it did it too. With this update, does anyone know what it could be?

#8 ·
Hello, I just purchased a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.3L with 83k miles. I have this very annoying rattle noise coming from the rear of my town and country. It does not affect the drivability of it, actually the car drives very well. It has had all shocks, struts, and springs replaced back in December of 2019 (about 2 years ago). It’s just this annoying rattle noise. I heard that it could be the anti-rattle clips on the brake pads and goes away when I press the brake pedal but it does not go away when I do that. This doesn’t happen on smooth roads just over slight imperfections or bumps. If you’ve had this problem and figured it out please let me know as it is driving me nuts.
I had the rattle for more than a year It was a heat shield causing that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.