The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did this and it worked like a champ. I've even got 3 extra motors now in case someone else wants to try. I'll give them to anyone for the price of shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this and it worked like a champ. I've even got 3 extra motors now in case someone else wants to try. I'll give them to anyone for the price of shipping.
depending on shipping, I'll take 2 to replace the mine in my 1996 Plymouth grand voyager

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had to repair both rear window motors on my '97.
The problem with them wasn't the brushes, or the commutator, but the permanent magnets.
They come unglued with age, and at some point the torque ends up shifting them from their intended positions, making the motor unable to run (or making it run badly, backward, slowly, etc).
All it took to repair them was to disassemble the motor, relocate the magnets to where they are supposed to be (not something I could describe, trial-and-error was needed), making them stay in place with some adhesive, and boom. Works like new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. I just replace the plastic-encased motor part of the vent window from ones I ripped at pullapart for $9 apiece.Simple and easy fix. I did test the motors on-site at the junkyard first to make sure they worked and greased all parts leading up to the encased motor so there was minimal friction. I also ordered 4 motors from china which will be here in a week or so and am trying to experiment with gluing the magnet part of the armature/magneto to the encased shell to see if that is a solution.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
27 Participants
rolo
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing