The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I pray all are doing well. I am sure by now, some of you might have come across this GPS scenario. I am hoping to get some good answers, before I go spending money.

I recently purchased a very new/used 2015 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with 64k in pristine condition. My dilemma is with the GPS nav system, where I get an error message that reads: "No nav maps found". I have no clue if perhaps the previous owner performed a " System Wipe" so as to erase their trip history, or if its just a malfunction with the software/maps. I had to bought a Garmin DriveSmart 71 EX, prior to buying this van, because I noticed some Town & Country vans did not have the NAV system. Sure came in handy. But I would like to restore this Van's NAV GPS system. It does (for whatever weird reason) still have the previous owners address route. I have pressed to erase, but it doesn't. Radio and Cd/Dvd work.

I am considering buying, what I have seen on a Youtube video, a Uconnect NAV restore kit, which contains a drive with the software and map update. Has anyone come across this, and what, may I ask, has been the True working solution? ( see attached image version number)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Sounds like a hard drive error to me. Can you link the nav restore kit? There is a company that does various nav repair if you send your head unit in.

Reactions: Mopar John

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a hard drive error to me. Can you link the nav restore kit? There is a company that does various nav repair if you send your head unit in.
Thank you for your reply. I'm thinking, if the hard drive is bad or damaged, it wouldn't be able to record, correct? Because as I was trying to familiarize myself with this Infosys, it began copying a cd I had in there, and it played it back too.
Thank you for your reply. I'm thinking, if the hard drive was the problem, it wouldn't record, correct? I placed a Cd in the drive, and as I tinkered or tried to familiarize myself with this Infosys, I saw an option where it asked if I would like to record the Cd to hard drive. It did, and played it back.

On another note, I called Uconnect nav, to see if I could purchase the flash drive update kit ($149) which they sell, but she said my nav version has to be version 7.09 for that kit to apply. I found the current one is old, version 5.11. So she said I'd first have to visit Garmin Express and download that software, one in, Then I'd be able to purchase the Uconnect update kit. Its either this, or go thru Chrysler who wants something like $5k (not happening). I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring w/133,000 in service 5/2022
68 Posts
Do you have the 430N radio? I know that there are differences between the 430N and the 730N radios. I'm looking to update the Software/Firmware in my 2012 RHR 730N radio as if I go aftermarket, I'll lose the Blind Spot and Parking Assist and other warning chimes that come thru the radio. I found out last night that ours told me the Left Front Turn Signal is out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the 430N radio? I know that there are differences between the 430N and the 730N radios. I'm looking to update the Software/Firmware in my 2012 RHR 730N radio as if I go aftermarket, I'll lose the Blind Spot and Parking Assist and other warning chimes that come thru the radio. I found out last night that ours told me the Left Front Turn Signal is out.
I really don't know which one this van has. All I see, which I've been asked about, is the "RHB15" that is located at the lower right corner of radio. Tech support said, from the symptoms, that the NAV works, except the maps are missing..🙄. So I have to jump hoops with Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Can you post a link to where you found this flash drive repair kit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the link to Uconnect's site Contact HERE Customer Support

This link contains instructions: Chrysler RHB 2013 and Newer Update Instructions

This link contains steps to troubleshooting Chrysler UConnect Navigation System Displays "Can't Unlock Maps" or "No Map Data"
This is the link to Uconnect's site Contact HERE Customer Support

I don't think I got this right, let know. But here is a pic of the links. Type them in manually.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts