The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2014 T&C after not having a van for almost 4 years. It was like coming home during the test drive!

There are couple things:

1. Did the Touring L package come without a spare tire in some instances? If not, I’ll be asking for one to replace the missing one.
2. How do you get the pad to stick back on the shifter knob? It has come off and will need to be reattached.

I’ll be brining those two things up before signing the deal. It needs a full detail yet as well, so I’ll be waiting to finalize the sale until this list is taken care of.
It’s a good running, clean rig with 77k miles on it.

It’ll be nice to be back!

·
Registered
395 Posts
All vans should have a spare. It's mounted beneath the front center console and you have to use a wench to lower the basket.

The cap should have 3 plastic tabs on it that clip in. More than likely, they broke off. 3M double sided tape works good too. :p

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2014 T&C after not having a van for almost 4 years. It was like coming home during the test drive!

There are couple things:

1. Did the Touring L package come without a spare tire in some instances? If not, I’ll be asking for one to replace the missing one.
2. How do you get the pad to stick back on the shifter knob? It has come off and will need to be reattached.

I’ll be brining those two things up before signing the deal. It needs a full detail yet as well, so I’ll be waiting to finalize the sale until this list is taken care of.
It’s a good running, clean rig with 77k miles on it.

It’ll be nice to be back!
It's nice to have you back. You were missed and we appreciated you showing up from time to time during the past four years.

The shifter knob: 2014 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY 3.6L V6 Manual Trans Shifter Knob | RockAuto

Spare Tire: Some did, and apparently some didn't, come with a spare tire. If no spare tire there should be a Tire Service Kit in the jack compartment (or somewhere).

Spare Tire Kit: Mopar 82214036AB Spare Tire Kit, Tires & Wheels - Amazon Canada

Tire Service Kit:

Tire Inflator Experience: Tire Inflator Experience

DOES IT HAVE HEAVY DUTY BRAKES? I believe all 2014s did have, as well as 17" rims.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,178 Posts
All vans should have a spare. It's mounted beneath the front center console and you have to use a wench to lower the basket.

The cap should have 3 plastic tabs on it that clip in. More than likely, they broke off. 3M double sided tape works good too. :p

Yes, should but many don't. That's the way it is now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 18 came with air pump no spare. I got one from Journey that I put in the rear compartment which may not be ideal but I don't want to crawl on the ground with my bad spine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's a shame. I knew they had gotten rid of the spare on the Challenger, but I thought that was just because it's primarily meant as a "fun car" not a van which purpose is either a dedicated people hauler or workhorse.

·
Vendor
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The van is supposed to have a spare, and the dealer agreed to replace it. All is well.

Yes, it does have heavy duty brakes!

·
Vendor
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. Moved back into town about 8 years ago and sold my entire Cub collection. They were fun, but it was time to move on. Good memory!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,178 Posts
Yup. Moved back into town about 8 years ago and sold my entire Cub collection. They were fun, but it was time to move on. Good memory!!!

I have some farm equipment laying around, needs some maintenance, nothing serious, little air on the tires and should work:

·
Vendor
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F-20’s are my favorite. We had one growing up. I now have 3—. 1/16th in size. I’d love to come and play with them!!! The reason I have a Jeep and not an old IH farm tractor is the fact I can use the Jeep. If only look at the tractor once it was done.

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts

You're aren't a farmer any more? :cry:

·
Vendor
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was more of a corporate farmer, growing corn for testing purposes. I work in Ag and took a non equipment related job at a desk, or behind my truck steering wheel serving farmers.

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts