The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I believe 5th gens that coincided with the Volkswagen Routan had the feature. So 08 to maybe 13. I think you hold the unlock button down for a couple seconds, but not sure.

Reactions: Long_Voyager94

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
So you have to pick between the beefy engine and updated body styling or a neat fob feature. Lame. Anyone tried to adapt this feature to newer ones?

·
Registered
722 Posts
So you have to pick between the beefy engine and updated body styling or a neat fob feature. Lame. Anyone tried to adapt this feature to newer ones?
I mean the 4.0L is a far beefier engine option than the 3.6L.
I've honestly debated finding a wrecked 4.0L van and a blown 3.6L van just to have the best engine in the updated body.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
The remote window feature can be used by pressing the unlock button once and then pressing and holding it a second time. Within 3 seconds both front windows will roll down together, the windows will roll down until you release the unlock button to which the window will then stop at whatever position you release the button at. Only works 2008-2010 model years as steffen stated above.

·
Super Moderator
29,083 Posts
The more the windows are going up and down, sometimes needlessly, the more wear and tear on the components, which are known to be fragile to begin with. Just another electronic nicety to deal with.
Power sliding doors is another one. Great but the lock actuators are prone to failure (there's an extended warranty on some of those).

·
Registered
115 Posts
The more the windows are going up and down, sometimes needlessly, the more wear and tear on the components, which are known to be fragile to begin with. Just another electronic nicety to deal with.
Power sliding doors is another one. Great but the lock actuators are prone to failure (there's an extended warranty on some of those).
Much like the powered tailgate, which can be opened and closed manually I wish that the side doors did the same thing.

As for the Windows that's simply a software setting so I think they must have disabled the function.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Steffen said it was possible with the door modules from the early trim.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yes, this function is disabled in newer door modules. The settings are present in the software (CDA needed), but can not enabled. With front door modules from MY 08-10 its possible to activate this function

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Much like the powered tailgate, which can be opened and closed manually I wish that the side doors did the same thing.

As for the Windows that's simply a software setting so I think they must have disabled the function.
They can be opened and closed manually too, press the power function disable button on the overhead console and your power doors will turn into fully manual doors except the key buttons and the overhead console door buttons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The remote window feature can be used by pressing the unlock button once and then pressing and holding it a second time. Within 3 seconds both front windows will roll down together, the windows will roll down until you release the unlock button to which the window will then stop at whatever position you release the button at. Only works 2008-2010 model years as steffen stated above.
Auto window works on my 2011

1 - 20 of 30 Posts