The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and did a quick search and I've also looked around google for the past hour to find information on the oil filter adapter. Seems as though I stripped the threads on my adapter and can't get my oil filter back on straight. I have five quarts on the garage floor to prove it.

How does this thing come out? I'm going to call up my parts store and possible the dealer tomorrow to try and get my hands on the part. There's nothing for a socket to grab and I can't look into the hole. I'm hoping it's an Allen wrench or something. Any help is greatly appreciated

1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi 3.8L

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Welcome.
Normal has an Allen type receiver in it.

I couldn't find a 3.3/3.8L pic but heres a look at Mopar Hemi one.

Reactions: JC1 and Caraman99

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I jam my phone in there and take a picture of the hole. If like to take it out and clean off the threads. It's just the first thread or two. I went out an bought a new filter and that did not help. My adapter or nipple, or whatever it is called is brass in color and shows no signs of hex or slot or anything. Maybe the Allen socket is inset

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks guys. Maybe I jam my phone in there and take a picture of the hole. If like to take it out and clean off the threads. It's just the first thread or two. I went out an bought a new filter and that did not help. My adapter or nipple, or whatever it is called is brass in color and shows no signs of hex or slot or anything. Maybe the Allen socket is inset
There is probably so much gunk and grime covering the bolts that you won't be able to see without a very bright light shined on it.

If you are in the rust belt, be prepared for a challenge to get it off. I'm wondering what the price for that part at the stealership is.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,858 Posts
There is probably so much gunk and grime covering the bolts that you won't be able to see without a very bright light shined on it.

If you are in the rust belt, be prepared for a challenge to get it off. I'm wondering what the price for that part at the stealership is.
I don't get it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts