The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone's about to change plugs or remove the wiper tray.

I saw numerous posts listing the steps.

I found there's no need to remove the hood.

You can remove the wiper tray without taking the hood off.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
True story. Taking the cowl off takes maybe 15 minutes, no need to bother with the hood. The biggest problem in my experience is the hose for the window washer. The plastic connector tends to break and you need to run to the store to get a new coupling.

Reactions: greensleeves

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Was anyone saying the hood needs to be removed?
I don't know if anyone ever said it was necessary, but I do remember a few posts where people have done it. Not really sure why though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The cowl is really easy to remove. You will spend most of your time looking for the Torx tools. Andy is correct about breaking the windshield washer Tee connector (guess who found out the hard way?).
I would recommend using a tool like a dental pick or equivalent. Insert it around the lip of the hose and work all the way around the connector to break the hose-to-connector seal. Only then can you twist and pull w/o breaking the Tee connector.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The cowl is really easy to remove. You will spend most of your time looking for the Torx tools. Andy is correct about breaking the windshield washer Tee connector (guess who found out the hard way?).
I would recommend using a tool like a dental pick or equivalent. Insert it around the lip of the hose and work all the way around the connector to break the hose-to-connector seal. Only then can you twist and pull w/o breaking the Tee connector.
I got my tee conector apart without breaking it and coated it with never seize before putting it back together for the next time I take it apart.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone else here while puting the wipers on remember you forgot to connect
that doggone hose?

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Anyone else here while puting the wipers on remember you forgot to connect
that doggone hose?
Yep. I remembered when I tried the washers and all I got was a nice stream of fluid coming out the cowl drain haha.

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
I had no idea people were removing their hoods to do this....

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Easy? No. Easier? Yes. I would VERY much recommend removing the plenum. Then you are talking easy. And you can replace your valve cover gaskets at the same time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Easier, not easy :). I still ended up removing the upper plenum to get to the rear plugs, that made it almost easy.
I've done this. In retrospect it would have been easier to do with the cowl removed(removing the plenum, that is). And as long as you're taking everything apart, check the valve cover gaskets and plug wires too. And I never had the issue with the washer fluid connector, but I have broken the vacuum lines.

Also, no need to remove the hood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts