The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Town & Country
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just purchased a 2015 Town & Country Touring minivan. One item that we overlooked when purchasing the van was the lack of bluetooth. This is a feature that we use often.

The current stereo is the UConnect 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/Satellite radio with six speakers and no bass speaker.

How difficult would it be to add Bluetooth to this setup? Should we consider an aftermarket radio instead?

If we go aftermarket, we would be looking at something that also does wireless Android Auto. Are there any suggested systems that would fit our vehicle?

Any aftermarket systems state that I lose the AUX functionality as well as the USB connectivity that I currently have. I'd also like to retain the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It's not very hard to install the BT system, I have added BT to several people's vehicles, as well as dual screen installs, backup cameras and so on. (This is factory installations from donor vehicles).

You need to find the harness, there are a few variants of it. The harness for the Uconnect is actually an add on harness piece to the main vehicle wiring, and in that harness is included the Uconnect wiring, the backup camera, overhead screen(s), and additional dvd player if so equipped. On pre 2012 models, there's actually a radio with a built in Uconnect module to the radio itself, called an RER, you can find this radio as well but it won't have BT streaming functionality.

I have made a thread with some photos here, exclusively for the only hands free module. If you go to a auto wrecker, you may have a hard time finding a harness with just Uconnect, most will have an overhead screen as well.

One thing to note, since yours is a 2016, I suggest you grab a 2013 or newer Uconnect BT module, really any 2011+ module will be the same but it's nice to keep things your vehicles age. Wiring can be grabbed from any Dodge grand caravan or Town and Country van from 2008 all the way until 2020 but be aware the Ipod connector in the glove box changed from 2010 to 2011 to be a USB port, but that's a very small item. And the USB port in the glovebox is actually a part of the Uconnect wiring, so your van will not have it if you don't have Uconnect.

·
Read Only
38 Posts
If you don't have overhead screens in the back or extra USB jacks I would go with an aftermarket radio.
Crutchfield sells the installation gear you would need to connect it to the original harness in the van.
Really not worth the effort to get one with Uconnect when they don't sound as good as aftermarket and have an antiquated user interface, no apple or android capability.
If I didn't have the VES in my van the Uconnect radio would be tossed out.

·
Registered
2015 Town & Country
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't have overhead screens in the back or extra USB jacks I would go with an aftermarket radio.
Crutchfield sells the installation gear you would need to connect it to the original harness in the van.
Really not worth the effort to get one with Uconnect when they don't sound as good as aftermarket and have an antiquated user interface, no apple or android capability.
If I didn't have the VES in my van the Uconnect radio would be tossed out.
We have the overhead screens... No idea if they even work as we don't use them. It would be nice to have an aftermarket unit that had video out that would use these screens though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts