The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is there no aftermarket replacement interior carpet offered for 2001-2004 chrysler town and country limited vans?
any help appreciated.
thx.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Probably because it would not be a profitable market. If you need new carpet, you'll have to go to the dealer, or find a van in the junkyard with your interior that hasn't been trashed.

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,502 Posts
I believe if you type in your model and year on ebay, you will get a custom set pop up for about $250 or less. Molded to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, so the problem i find is that they exist for 1996-2000 as well as for 2005 onwards.
why no 2001-2004?

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I think in 2005 stow and go became the only option. Maybe for the 01-04's they don't make the carpet for vans without stow n go.

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,502 Posts

·
*yawn*
2,992 Posts
Cut your own out of some indoor/outdoor carpet roll stock, for about $60, at your local home improvement store. I even laid it right over the original (but a bit tight/thick doubled-up under the seat anchor trim) so I can trash it and just peel it up upon re-sell time... Looks better than the original DGC SE...
covers.

-Jim

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try the junkyard. If you try hard enough you just might find the correct one like I did. I paid $28 for the carpet, plus $24 for the rental Rug Doctor to clean out some spots and smells. Why do you need one anyways, I needed it because I spilled one gallon of grey paint in the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't ask me how but I spilled about 4 gallons of a mixture of burned motor oil and Thompson's water sealer behind in the cargo area

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
That was probably one of those moments where you think to yourself "oh crap, what the he11 am I gonna do about this".

I hope you can find a new carpet, whether new or used.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I replaced the front section of carpet in my
Astro. The Astro factory has a two piece front/rear carpet. The dealer wanted way too much for a replacement, so I bought one from JCWhitney. Try JCW.com, they have carpet from several different manufacturers. Not sure if they have one for the Caravan. It is not an exact molded fit, and did not have much backer on it, only about 1/4 inch, so I bought extra insulation and cut and fit myself.

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,502 Posts
I have written the above site to see if they have it. You can too, and they will send you samples, probably, if you want to order. Go to "Ask seller a question" on the right of the first page, click "Other Answers" and then go to the end under "Contact Seller" and ask the exact question you have. They likely have it or can direct you to someone who does.

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,502 Posts
The response I got back is that they don't have these carpets, I was surprised, and you are right. JC Whitney used to sell a roll carpet for cars that you could cut to fit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I checked ACC commercial (They actually made the factory pieces). The carpet is ONE PIECE for a standard wheelbase, two for grand, cut under the front seats, only available in a few colors, and hideously expensive ($450 for a standard, over $600 for a grand). They are not stocked; they make them one at a time.

The rep seriously suggested getting roll carpet, forming and cutting it yourself, then having a local carpet shop serge the cuts and mount a heelpad if you want a factory finish.

I did that in my gen 2 van (without the heelpad), and it cost me less than $100; the escutcheons hide all of the cuts, anyway); I also added a thick underlay/sound deadener layer when I did that; made the van nice and quiet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts