The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Looking to replace the factory 430N due to a general dislike of the interface. It works, but is slow and has many annoying features ("INCOMING CALL FROM BLAH BLAH" for example).

What I am trying to determine is whether or not certain functionality is retained. I have a 2013 T&C with backup camera, steering wheel controls and rear VES. From a discussion with Crutchfield, it sounds like I will be able to retain these functions with a few adapters.

What I can't seem to get an answer on is how the DVD and audio will work with the new head unit. Currently, the 430N is the DVD player, so I assume any new unit I buy will do the same as long as I buy one with DVD capability.

But what about the headphones? Can they be used? Can we listen to the DVD audio through the van speakers? How do you switch between speakers, headphones and both at the same time?

Anyone done this and can comment? Thanks!

· Registered
66 Posts
If your car is equipped with BSM - blind spot monitoring, this system will stop working by changing the headunit to a non-factory system.
That is not correct. I have a Kenwood DNX573s in my 2016 T&C and have the Idatalink Maestro oem integration unit. It retains BSM, parking sensors, back up camera, U-connect phone (if you don't want use the Kenwood built in Bluetooth), steering wheel controls, and even displays the Kenwood built in navigation directions in the EVIC like the factory unit. I have the separate Blue Ray player and it allows all of that to still function. It also has built-in gauges that you can access to see a lot more information than stock, read trouble codes, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.