The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Replacing a 41te Valve Body. Ive never done it b4. Any help appreciated.

22K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  2002CaravanSE 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently while coming off of the highway my tranny went into limp mode.
I checked the codes and got an"obd2 - 1776" -aka- (i think) a dtc-47 -
Which is, "Solenoid switch valve latched in LR position".
There were no other codes just a generic obd2 0700.
Im guessing that since my vehicle has 152000 miles on it its probably the SSV getting c*ckeyed in its "chamber" just due to normal wear.
(By what Ive read that happens.)

SOOIm planning on just replacing the valve body.

I have Alldata and have the instructions on how to replace the valve body. Ive never done one but i work at a garage with a veteran mechanic (over 30 yrs) he's not ever done one in a 41te either. Im just doing a bit of research before we dig in and wondered if theres anything Alldata hasnt told us.
Im pretty sure Im gonna need to relearn the TCM, a buddy of ours has the comp. to do that with.

Alldata says, "push Park Rollers from Guide Bracket" .
Also Alldata says, "To ease installation of the valve body , turn the manual valve lever fully clockwise."
And "Guide park rollers into Guide bracket , while shifting manual lever assembly out of the installation position."
Im not so clear on what all this means but maybe once its all in front of me itl will be.

Is there Anything else I should Know??

Any kind of clearer explanation of the directions i have would be appreciated.

THANKS !!! :eek:

See less See more
#3 ·
Isnt the SSV just a valve in the valve body? If thats the case then by what ive read in Alldata, replacing the whole valve body assembly is not that big a deal. $220 at the dealer for the unit. I was just trying to get a cleaarer picture on what to expect in removing and then installing the valve body. Assuming the SSV is located in the valve body.:ask_wsign

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.