The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My radio in my 2013 Town and Country will not work. The lights light up around the buttons but nothing is on the screen. I have checked the fuse and it is good we took it out and everything is hooked up good. So now I am looking to buy one. I am really low on funds right now so I thought about getting a cheap one off Amazon. So my question is how do I find one that will fit my car? I know I will need like maybe a dash kit and a wire harness. I really need my back up camera to work. Where we l live so of the streets are so busy and its hard to back out b/c I can't see cars coming bc of the cars parked beside me. And I really miss having my music! My dvd screen isn't working right now so not having it hooked up isn't a issue right now. Can someone give me some advice as to how to do this ourself?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Hit the "turn on" button for the radio and scroll the volume up to see if it will play anything, try use the seek up and down buttons, and hit radio media too. It could be the screen that's out, and that's not too bad of a job to replace.

Just see if you can get to to play anything, even static from the speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 Town & County media / radio screen is blank.
While the van is on, the lit buttons will flash on and off at a frequent pace.
Before the screen went totally blank, it would go dark and then turn back on.
im thinking a short but my question is how to go about removing and checking connections.

·
Registered
2011 T&C Limited, 120K miles
67 Posts
My 2014 Town & County media / radio screen is blank.
While the van is on, the lit buttons will flash on and off at a frequent pace.
Before the screen went totally blank, it would go dark and then turn back on.
im thinking a short but my question is how to go about removing and checking connections.
It is fairly easy to take the radio out and check the connections. Just pop the framing around the radio and you will see four screws on each corner to hold the radio in place. Check this video.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Seems easy enough.
If the screen is dead, do you know if a replacement has to be programmed in anyway?
It does not need a code for a screen replacement. But good luck finding a cheap screen for the radio, I fixed mine with a donor radio screen.

Another thing to need to know for this is only a 2011 or newer screen will fit your radio. RBZ and RHB screens will work, REN and RER screens will not. Doesn't matter which vehicle the screen itself came from if you're only swapping the screen itself.
-If you're swapping the whole radio to a working unit, you must have a high speed radio (Dodge Caravan, Nitro, Chrysler Town and country, ram trucks, or Jeep wrangler. I'm sure there's more, must be the high speed though, any 2008 and up will work). Watch out for the pre 2012 NAV units though, those have a built in hands free module and you will need to modify the wiring to get it to work and also disable your existing hands free module in the dash if you have it. If the radio you're putting in is 2012 or newer make sure you have a security code with the radio, or pay dodge 20$ for a code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a 2007 ..Radio went on for a few seconds ..when I turned on the car..then off. JUST THE SOUND went off...I replaced the radio with the same type..and the problem still exists..someone said it needs a code..but it's a 2007..I'm confused..I was told it's the computer..then told its a external amp..I have no idea where the external amp is located...Someone help...PLEASE ..need my tunes. Patty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts