The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I ran into the same OEM part issue with my wifes Toyota. The lift struts for the hatch went bye bye. Went to the dealership and the dealership said, $200.00 dollars each please. I said I didn't want to buy the company just some of their parts. He apologized and acknowledged the price was crazy stupid, but watcha gonna do. I went to the after market parts supplier I use and purchased Monroe struts for $29.99 ea. Made in China of course but warranty was the same as OEM from the dealership.
If it were unimportant mechanical parts like a lift struts for the hatch, I would not hesitate to use aftermarket if the price discrepancy was that great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every OEM outsources parts to suppliers and those suppliers at some point are allowed to use the tools to make parts for the aftermarket so if you got a 2 cavity tool one is used to make OEM parts the other is scratched off and sold as aftermarket. This is one way that Chrysler does not have to buy the tools up front. This is a great find! I would use the 25$ one any day! The dealer can go to **** charging 800-1000% mark up on these parts

21 - 22 of 22 Posts