The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I got a 2005 Town & Country. The remote doesn't lock, unlock or open any side door (or back door) every few days. The windows may not roll-down (or it may), sometimes the window on the right door works but not the left door, and sometimes left works and sometimes none work. So, I need to to disconnect the battery to get everything working properly. Sometimes all doors stop working, sometimes only one door or one window, and sometimes all go out. There is no consistency to this problem, the only consistent thing is that it goes out every week or 10 days. And the time interval has been as short as 2 days also.

Once the battery is disconnected for 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal.

It feels like a micro-controller is getting in a "bad" state so nothing works and needs a complete "reboot". That is my guess, but not sure.

Any help or advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I would have the battery tested first and if it was good, I would suspect that the BCM is faulty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd second that. Lots of electrical related problems on these minivans are the result of a low current/voltage battery. So, firstly, have a good battery installed for a few days, just for testing purposes, and see if this is you problem. After that, faulty BCM is the your next guess....

·
Registered
180 Posts
This might be a little 'out there', but is the van near any sources of electro-magnetic interference that might cause the BCM to malfunction? My '05 GC has the usual intermittent power door lock failure, and I've seen it happen a few times after being very close to another running vehicle. I wonder whether that has anything to do with it, and if it does, is there a way to shield the BCM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts