The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
This part number is for model years 11, 12 and 13 with Sales code XAP (Power Adjustable Pedals w/o memoy) and Sales Code XAM (Power Adjustable Pedals with memory). I have the same in my car (MY12). What part number has your original accelerator pedal? I can not find a real reason why the pedals are different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry old thread, but I am very interested in doing this to our new to us 2014 Chrysler Town & Country.
Wife is very short, we have been and currently use a 3D printed Dodge Truck accelerator pedal that I found online.

We tried to find a good deal on a newer Dodge/Chrysler Vans with that option but everyone was sold before we had a chance to get one.
Could not pass up this Town & Country had everything we like except for adjustable foot pedals.

I am currently looking into information about trying to add this option from a junkyard donor if I can find one.

This thread has had the most information so far, thank you to all who has contributed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, I have finally got my parts to the Adjustable Pedal installation in my 2014 Town and Country Touring van.

Parts list:

Pedal block
Gas Auto part Machine Metal Font

Bicycle part Gas Motor vehicle Machine Personal protective equipment

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Bumper Rim

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Machine

I will be using the factory gas pedal that came with the van so I do not have to make any adjustments to a new pedal.

- Adjustable Pedals Switch
Automotive lighting Rectangle Gesture Gadget Input device

Just have to make a weekend of this to install the parts and then use the AppDiag software to turn on the foot pedals.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
If your wife is much smaller than you, then the memory seat makes sense. You probably also constantly correct the seat height and exterior mirrors?

Maybe a project for later when you have the parts from a damaged car. Here you can see what needs to be built in

Adding a memory seat

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your wife is much smaller than you, then the memory seat makes sense. You probably also constantly correct the seat height and exterior mirrors?

Maybe a project for later when you have the parts from a damaged car. Here you can see what needs to be built in

Adding a memory seat
I am considering your idea as well. All depends on a parts car and cost. But I will be keeping my eye open

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, I got the pedals and switch installed and setup the programming.
We moved pretty fast so I did not get step by step pictures, but Steffen did a good job on his memory seat installation so his is a great reference!!!

1. Disconnect the battery terminal before doing anything. Remove the old pedals, you can do this without removing the lower panel and metal panel behind it.
My friend was able to get under there and remove the old setup, mind you this depends on your flexibility and or size.

2. All necessary wiring is installed by the manufacturer, again a note that Steffen has already confirmed.

3. Install the new adjustable pedals. These parts are pretty straight forward and really does not require modifying of anything.
**Note: The brake switch part maybe confusing at first but you just need to twist and pull it off.
  • Use a tool, we used a 10mm wrench as the prying tool to slowly pop the tab back out. This is important because if you do not do this, you will have your brake lights stay on.
  • The tab will self adjust after you pull it out all the way, be gentle so you do not break it, and it will pop out step by step out.
It then will self-adjust when you press on the brakes.

Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Auto part Gas

Vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle

4. Next is installing the switch.
  • There are three screws two are obvious, but the third is underneath the lower cover, and then you have too pop off the bottom panel and gently pop off the leather surround which gas plastic clips. You might break some clips so be aware.
  • You do not have to remove it completely just lower the bottom cover low enough too pop and slide out the blank cover, and the slide in the new switch. Then you will see the harness wrapped around the column, I found mine on the igntion side of the column. Snap it right in. Re-install the surround, lower and upper covers and you are done.

Car Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

5. Once this is all done, then reconnect the battery terminal, then connect your laptop with a bluetooth or corded OBD2 scanner to your laptop. Then login into AppCarDiag application.
  • Go to > Programming
  • >TIPM Reconfigurable Parameters

Rectangle Parallel Font Screenshot Number

• > Adjustable Pedals - Change from "Not Set" to "Set"
  • > Click Next > Run - Wait for the configuration to complete and it will say Configuration saved OK.
  • Click on Finished and go back, and that is all.
  • This turns on the Adjustable Pedals option and you will be able to use the pedals without the key fobs.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

I hope this helps those who are wanting this option but were too scared to try.
Honestly it cost me: $189 in total too add this option.
  • $75 Mopar switch, I did not even need a jumper harness, that was a waste of money.
  • $64 ebay used adjustable pedal block
  • $50 AppCarDiag software

I did have a friend help me since he was much faster than I at getting under the front dash but that is just the cost of doing something like this.

The biggest resource was Steffens write up and SShawns youtube video on the AppCarDiag software and the discussion in this thread that helped us avoid issues. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update: The pedals work great and no issues whatsoever, so for those wanting to do this, it is not hard at all. The wife is loving it!!! :giggle:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts