The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! So, my RHB 430N was working just fine - no issues with radio or NAV. It was pretty much up to date with maps from 2017.

Being an idiot, I checked with Garmin Express and an update was suggested. I think it was to a v7.09 of the sw. I plugged it into my RHB unit and the update occurred without issue. The problem is my unit is now stuck on a permanent loop of: Guidance by Garmin.

I checked the other posts and googled a lot. I tried to apply every fix or troubleshooting solution and I cannot resolve this issue.

If my RHB nav f*****? I hope it is something I can fix without replacing this whole unit.
Has anyone encountered this and managed to fix with a solution that isn't readily known?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved this problem. What a pain.
So I contacted Garmin, explained that their SW has wrecked my radio. All they offered is a couple hundred towards a replacement stereo - as long as my dealer installs it. That is insane! Replace a radio for a SW update???
I had an old copy of my uconnect/garmin nav update from 2016. I proceeded to reinstall the 50.. sw update. After the update, the nav still did not work, so I went into the engineer menu and applied the fix off of the SD card (via usb) from my 2016 nav sw... and after the reboot my NAV works again!!!! I'm so happy. But so annoyed that obvious sw issues causing these head units to not work are not properly addressed, forcing many to replace the stereos. Insane!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Do you have a link to the engineer menu and update process?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts