The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Dodge Caravan Sport. The Power Door lock no longer works on the right Passenger Power sliding door. I read an excellent Posting in this Forum started by PT_Sean regarding his replacement\Repair of the Lock actuator. Pictures were included. I also watched a Utube Video showing how this actuator was replaced...looked easy.

I thought the hard part would be removing the Door Trim pane; turns out it was the easy part and its is as far as I have gone. I do feel the Lock Actuator is the problem...all other doors work fine. Problem I encountered was that the 1 screw that the Post and Video showed that needed to be removed to unscrew the Actuator from the Door, mine dos not have that screw. There is a peep hole in the Door inner panel, but there is no screw to be found. Further, my part is a larger Black Plastic part and it has 2 maybe 3 electrical connectors (Video showed 1). It also has a few wires encased in black tubes to protect the wire wrapped on and around the part. I know in part this is the Lock Actuator because the Lock Rod connects to it on the backside of the part. When I saw these differences I stopped. Everything I read and saw showed 1 screw, zip the actuator is off... I do think this part which is located in the most rear upper corner of the Right Sliding Power door could be removed by 3 Star screws on the rear edge of the door near the Lock\Latch assembly. I did not attempt a removal because I was concerned something may fall off on removal and not having eye sight to removing the part I wouldn't know where the part that fell off was positioned and, it appears this Black part would come off together with the Lock\Latch assembly and if the position of the Lock\Latch assembly is critical on putting it back on...I might just lose that adjustment and the door wouldn't shut.

Has anyone attempted the replacement of the Right Power Sliding Door Lock Actuator and have come across the differences I have described? If so, how did you proceed with getting the part off, replacing the Actuator and getting it all back on? Even the Lock Actuators I have seen online at Auto Parts website look different from the one in my Caravan....and it does not appear that the Lock Actuator piggy backs of the Black Plastic part I can see......

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Dodge Caravan Sport. The Power Door lock no longer works on the right Passenger Power sliding door. I read an excellent Posting in this Forum started by PT_Sean regarding his replacement\Repair of the Lock actuator. Pictures were included. I also watched a Utube Video showing how this actuator was replaced...looked easy.

I thought the hard part would be removing the Door Trim pane; turns out it was the easy part and its is as far as I have gone. I do feel the Lock Actuator is the problem...all other doors work fine. Problem I encountered was that the 1 screw that the Post and Video showed that needed to be removed to unscrew the Actuator from the Door, mine dos not have that screw. There is a peep hole in the Door inner panel, but there is no screw to be found. Further, my part is a larger Black Plastic part and it has 2 maybe 3 electrical connectors (Video showed 1). It also has a few wires encased in black tubes to protect the wire wrapped on and around the part. I know in part this is the Lock Actuator because the Lock Rod connects to it on the backside of the part. When I saw these differences I stopped. Everything I read and saw showed 1 screw, zip the actuator is off... I do think this part which is located in the most rear upper corner of the Right Sliding Power door could be removed by 3 Star screws on the rear edge of the door near the Lock\Latch assembly. I did not attempt a removal because I was concerned something may fall off on removal and not having eye sight to removing the part I wouldn't know where the part that fell off was positioned and, it appears this Black part would come off together with the Lock\Latch assembly and if the position of the Lock\Latch assembly is critical on putting it back on...I might just lose that adjustment and the door wouldn't shut.

Has anyone attempted the replacement of the Right Power Sliding Door Lock Actuator and have come across the differences I have described? If so, how did you proceed with getting the part off, replacing the Actuator and getting it all back on? Even the Lock Actuators I have seen online at Auto Parts website look different from the one in my Caravan....and it does not appear that the Lock Actuator piggy backs of the Black Plastic part I can see......
do you have the replacement\Repair of the Lock actuator. Pictures were included.2013 dodge grand caravan sliding door lock actuator removal procedure?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts