The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is behind the panel in the right side of the cargo area? Could it be turned into a storage area?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,485 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the rear HVAC unit is behind that panel. There is no space for anything on the right side for any storage, unlike the left side. If you have no rear HVAC, then there isn't anything behind that panel.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
That's where all the guts to the rear HVAC is. So, no... You can't make it into storage.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
214 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the rear HVAC unit is behind that panel. There is no space for anything on the right side for any storage, unlike the left side. If you have no rear HVAC, then there isn't anything behind that panel.
That's where all the guts to the rear HVAC is. So, no... You can't make it into storage.
I've always been intrigued as to why there's that pattern on that trim panel if it's not going to do anything useful, perhaps to make it look symmetrical to the other side?

If only they made it so that vans with no rear HVAC got storage there like on the other side, as there isn't anything behind there in that case like Michalb mentioned. I know I would've liked that!

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum!

That answers my question. Guess I will have to figure out another way to create some storage areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts