The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of ordering some quick struts for my 94 gc ? but i dont like being skunked per say. so would like to hear the good and bad. is there a customer hotline for any customer care ? more and more in the world its a WHO CARES ? hotline thanks for any replies

·
Registered
2017 DGC SXT
374 Posts
Rockauto doesn’t have a dedicated customer hotline. There is no number you can call. I believe they do have an email but it’s not “advertised” as customer support.

Rockauto is basically self serve. You do everything on your own. Warranty procedures, return procedures, and other things are all done by the customer. You answer some questions on a pre made “form” and it’s that simple. Their website should have step by step instructions.

Rockauto is a trusted website so you don’t have to worry about getting scammed or getting your info stolen.

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 3.8L 230k+ mi
222 Posts
Pretty much what mtfix said^

I’ve had to return/replace a couple of parts they’ve sent me but the process didn’t cost me anything so no complaints from me

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've ordered and received shocks/struts (all Bilstein), correct hoses, bearings and lots of filters and bulbs.
ONCE an oil filter came with dents and a strip of paper included said, "Live with it, no returns". That bugged me a bit but I used the filter.
People on another board say they've been shipped other people's old used parts.
The consensus is that the dishonest customer returned the part and a lazy/sloppy shelf stocker simply restocked it without checking.
In these cases RA was always reported as making good. I'd bet it's an infrequent occurrence.

Most recently I was shipped a serpentine belt kit which included a new looking but frozen (as in, immovable) tensioner. As above RA made good including shipping. The odd thing there was that the parts were shipped in a queer plastic tray which had nothing to do with the parts kit ordered. In fact, the torn plastic wrapper of the tray was still there. I have no idea if it was an internal "I don't care about this job sabotage" or if a mentally limited person packed it.
In such cases I'd assume RA would keep track and police their sources.....or not.

Don't forget to enter an easily obtainable 5% discount code in the, "How did you hear about us?", box. #0F26EFDB23A8DC is good through 14 Oct.
What's funny here is that the codes have been 16-18 character numbers but when a RA ad appears in a coupon mailer, they're 5 or 6 characters long.
Doubtless they don't want to scare off new customers.

And of course there's the perennial question of whether quick struts are a wise purchase in the first place.
Many people swear transferring your spring, seat and bearing to a new strut of known quality is the better way to go.
But with so many Chryco/Dodge/Stellantis/FCA/Plymouth vehicles out there, I bet they took care assembling a good product.

You'll do fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts