The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine has 215K miles on it. But with good compression and great maintenance record given the relative ease and pricing of the parts, I've decided to replace 1 camshaft and all 24 lifter and rocker assemblies in my Town And Country with 3.6 engine.

I'd be happy to get another 50-100k out of this van. so I'd be okay going with non Mopar parts, however, I don't also want to throw something in there if others have had bad experience with. Any suggestions? sources? I'm looking at this: from amazon, any good?

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L 170k mi
258 Posts
I don’t know about that part specifically but for most parts, you get what you pay for. I would not trust no name parts inside the engine under any circumstances. Especially if you want 50-100k more miles out of it. Buy once cry once. Mopar or well known aftermarket brands.

Mellings is a good brand. I’ve seen them as the original supplier for some ford engine parts. Probably make them for others as well

·
Super Moderator
29,083 Posts
It's a hard question to answer. Mopar hasn't done so well with their parts, have they? Needle bearings have been around for a long time. What's up with those on the 3.6 L. The source of the problem is somewhere else and nobody knows/is saying what it is. 0/5W-20 oil too light? Could be, the engine originally called for 5W-30.

Unless some manufacturer says they have a superior design for the rocker arms/needle bearings, it's likely best to stick with Mopar as to being most up to date.

Melling, as already mentioned, seems to fit the bill for quality.

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Mopar or Melling only. Haven't seen another brand offering lifters and rockers that I would trust. You can save pretty big getting a good condition used cam instead of new. Only parts that are good to cheap out on is the gaskets. Failure of those won't mean possible death of the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts