The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a 60mph impact with a fox crossing the road which has damaged the middle/bottom section of the front bumper. I have ordered a new bumper, however there is something that looks like a sensor hanging loose in the middle of the bottom section (see yellow circle on photo). The photo was taken from a website and is not of my actual car.
Does anyone know where this sensor should attach to and what the sensor is for (temperature?)?
Would appreciate if someone can post a photo of the sensor fitted.

I'm not sure if you have this sensor on the petrol versions, but thought this the best place to ask :)

Btw, talking about being ripped off... Chrysler dealer here in UK wants £780 for the front bumper, that is primed so will need to be color sprayed on top of that. £780 ~ $1190 :Wow1:
I have managed to find a US seller via Ebay who is now supplying and spraying the bumper for me for less than half that (incl shipment to UK)...

Thanks in advance for help!

Cheers, Ron

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,888 Posts
That's an ambient temperature sensor and it is important that it doesn't end up lying next to the radiator as it will sense a high ambient temperature, triggering your air conditioning to come on. It mounts near the center of the grill opening (fascia) usually but I don't know for the 2009 model.

Here's hoping your project goes well.

Reactions: Ron1903

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeepman, I thought it would be a temp sensor... I'm not going to remove the bumper until the new one arrives as the car is still driveable. It might be obvious where the sensor sits when the bumper is off.
Thanks again, Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts