The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was rear ended 12/4/2020 many trips to repair shop and they claim without error codes they can’t fix continued problems. Fast forward I’m trying to stop my 2013 T&C van from overheating. The fan isn’t coming on. Fuse isn’t the problem so I’m going to test the one relay attached next to the fan housing. My question is it has severe problems electrical problems. If I can attach a video it shows it. I got a NO BUS on my instrument panel then once there was a strange symbol I have a picture but no way to figure what it is. Any one able to help? Insurance company won’t
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Speedometer

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
Overheating may be the fan controller (plug on the fan shroud near the radiator cap).

The symbol on the cluster, in the pic on the bottom, is the cruise control active in 6th gear manual mode. Is that the one you didn't know about? The "i" in a solid block is the messages indicator. Silver told you how to see the messages above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I replaced the thermostat with no help to the overheating problem. I will try the fan switch next. Is there a way to test it rather then keep replacing parts?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
You can use a multimeter to check the output to the fan when it should be running.

According to the manual they shouldn't come on until 220 F and hit max speed at 230 F.

RADIATOR FAN OPERATION CHART

COOLANT TEMPERATUREA/C PRESSURETRANSAXLE OIL TEMPERATURE
Fan Operation Speeds:InitialMaxInitialMaxInitialMax
Fan On:104°C (220°F)110°C (230°F) Fan Speed Duty-Cycles (Ramps-up) from 30% to 99%1,724 Kpa (250 psi)2,068 Kpa (300 psi) Fan Speed Duty-Cycles (Ramps-up) from 30% to 99%96°C (204°F)111°C (232°F) Fan Speed Duty Cycles (Ramps-up) from 30% to 99%
Fan Off:101°C (214°F)Fan Speed Duty-Cycles (Ramps-down) from 99% to 30%1,710 Kpa (248 psi)Fan Speed Duty-Cycles (Ramps-down) from 99% to 30%89°C (192°F)Fan Speed Duty Cycles (Ramps-down) from 99% to 30%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts