The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have Dodge Grand Caravan 2018. As I accelerate, especially going up I feel short shakes at some speeds. Changed transmission fluid - al is the same. The first shake happens at around 45mph, then at around 70-80mph, then at 110-120mph. As I slow down I also feel kind of hit or short shake. No check engine light shows up. Any ideas?

· Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,575 Posts
Worn engine mounts or front suspension parts will cause that.

Reactions: gravitylover

· Registered
1995 Dodge Caravan SE 3.0 FWD "Wanda"
72 Posts
Hi guys,

I have Dodge Grand Caravan 2018. As I accelerate, especially going up I feel short shakes at some speeds. Changed transmission fluid - al is the same. The first shake happens at around 45mph, then at around 70-80mph, then at 110-120mph. As I slow down I also feel kind of hit or short shake. No check engine light shows up. Any ideas?
CV axles could also use a checkin' also, 120mph! I'd feel a shake too, prolly my bowels-at least in my old van.

· Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
663 Posts
What's the RPM when your shakes occur?

I've been feeling some of these shudders too, around 1500-2000 rpm, usually most noticable around 25mph. I think that it's the tranny in the wrong gear (too high a gear, for that particular load situation) when the shudder occurs, my foot is typically on the throttle.

But also at highway speeds, I notice that the RPMs are low relative to speed. At 70 mph, cruising, the RPMs are surprisingly low at less than 2K-- so when extra demand is called for, like a hill or headwind, that shudder occurs until it downshifts, or passes that load point.

· Super Moderator
30,425 Posts
Something out of balance? Any wheel shake? Any cabin shake? seats shake?

"As I slow down I also feel kind of hit or short shake" sounds like something loose.

Motor mounts?

Any particular rpm for those speeds?

Happen after you use passing gear? Is transmission shifting okay? Using ECON mode? Try different gears.

Observation, experimentation, taking notes to try to narrow it down to what is and what isn't.

Maybe get the suspension and mounts checked to get rid of that variable.

Keep gathering data and let us know.

· Registered
452 Posts
Does the steering wheel shake, feel as a single wheel is shaking or a general shake of the front end?

Does rotating the tires change the shake? Possibility a wheel lost a balance weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts