The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was involved in an accident and the van is most likely totaled. Gotta wait til Monday to hear from the insurance adjuster. I got hit on the left side front corner. The front driver's side wheel was leaning over slightly. I didn't get a chance to look at the van too closely because I was rushed into an ambulance. I'm sore of course and grateful that the van did its job in saving me. I only had the van a week, now to add insult to injury this also happened the day before my bday. I'll for sure be looking for another 5th gen Mopar mini-van.

Super Moderator
馃巶馃巿

Happy Birthday, just sore, consider that a blessing, no broken bones even. Birthdays aren better with no broken bones. :)

Broke my hip downhill skiing two days before my birthday some years back. Operated on me the next day. My birthday present was an expensive pin in my hip and a expensive rod down my leg plus a couple of expensive metal screws here and there. I survived and healed up well, went back to downhill skiing a couple years later actually. Medicare = no medical bills. Only thing, I was in Quebec and know very little French. I wasn't too sure what they did to me until I got back to Halifax. They teated me well though, sort of like being in a foreign country. :).

Reactions: Road Ripper

Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
Look at it this way: the van gave up it's life to save yours.

And you are getting an insurance adjustment, not a hit and run, under the deductible.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
馃巶馃巿

Happy Birthday, just sore, consider that a blessing, no broken bones even. Birthdays aren better with no broken bones. :)

Broke my hip downhill skiing two days before my birthday some years back. Operated on me the next day. My birthday present was an expensive pin in my hip and a expensive rod down my leg plus a couple of expensive metal screws here and there. I survived and healed up well, went back to downhill skiing a couple years later actually. Medicare = no medical bills. Only thing, I was in Quebec and know very little French. I wasn't too sure what they did to me until I got back to Halifax. They teated me well though, sort of like being in a foreign country. :).

Yeah, I got lucky that I was able to walk away from the accident. ****, I've gone my entire life without breaking a single bone, 42 years so far. I can't imagine what you went through with what you did.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at it this way: the van gave up it's life to save yours.

And you are getting an insurance adjustment, not a hit and run, under the deductible.
True, the van did its job in making sure I walked away. The part I don't like is dealing with insurance, the tow yard and the bank since I had to get a loan to get the van. But in the end, everything will work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts